Leo Sayer becomes an Aussie Aussie Aussie...

SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
BRITISH disco king Leo Sayer will become an Australian citizen next week.[/b] Sayer will be naturalised at an Australia Day ceremony, attended by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, in Canberra next Monday at 10.30am. Sayer, who moved from Britain to Sydney in 2005, said he had long wished to become an Australian, and was ecstatic his dream was about to come true. "It has been an ambition of mine to live and work in Australia since I first came on a concert tour in May 1974," Sayer, 60, said. "Having already achieved my ambition to become a resident, I am now thrilled to become not only a resident but a citizen. "I will endeavour to make Australia proud of me." Sayer enjoyed a musical resurgence two years ago when his 1977 hit, Thunder in My Heart, was remixed by a DJ called Meck, and shot up the worldwide charts. Sayer had 10 British top 10 singles between 1973 and 1982. He released his latest album, Don't Wait Until Tomorrow, last year. Last week, Sayer returned to Sydney from Britain, where he had been performing.(from the Herald Sun)

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Well the UK does have a long history of dumping its undesirables on Antipodean shores.....

used to be convicts now its washed up celebrities.... hehehehe

2 be fair to leo he has embraced the country well, hes a regular on the local TV shows and has no problem taking the piss out off himself....

I am happy for Aust to take in Leo...as long as the UK agrees to keep Peter Andre over there and not let him return to our shores!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Didn't we send Kylie Minogue back though?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Yeah but when she got sick they sent her back to us! Sus cunts.... hehehe

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Well the UK does have a long history of dumping its undesirables on Antipodean shores.....

used to be convicts now its washed up celebrities.... hehehehe

2 be fair to leo he has embraced the country well, hes a regular on the local TV shows and has no problem taking the piss out off himself....

I am happy for Aust to take in Leo...as long as the UK agrees to keep Peter Andre over there and not let him return to our shores!

didn't he record a joint with the wiggles also?