Bush... A good look finally?

breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Bush commutes sentences of former Border Patrol agents:http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/19/bush.commute/index.html

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm looking for the good look here. Not sure I'm finding it.

• Ahh... You must have sided with the illegal immigrant who was driving a van containing 700+ pounds of marijuana.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I was always under the impression that the general rule if a President is commuting or pardoning your sentence, is that you most likely are guilty of the crime you committed, but something (be it ideology or family/money ties) make the commander-in-chief willing to set you free.

in reading your link, wouldn't go so far as classifying this as a 'good look'.

Ahh... You must have sided with the illegal immigrant who was driving a van containing 700+ pounds of marijuana.

Oh sorry, I didn't realize it was legal to shoot unarmed people like that and then cover it up.

I was always under the impression that the general rule if a President is commuting or pardoning your sentence, is that you most likely are guilty of the crime you committed, but something (be it ideology or family/money ties) make the commander-in-chief willing to set you free.

Especially with a commutation - that's acknowledging, " yeah, you fucked up so you deserve some punishment but not as much as was originally handed down". Maybe I'm missing some facts in this case but I don't really see what these border agents did that's so worthy of a commutation or pardoning.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dudes screwed up....no question.....if they had reported the incident and followed proper procedure they probably would have never been sent to prison.

They didn't and they deserved what they got.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Ahh... You must have sided with the illegal immigrant who was driving a van containing 700+ pounds of marijuana.

The idea that this provides Bush even the smallest sliver of redemption is comical. If you're really that concerned about illegal immigrants driving vans full of weed, you haven't been paying attention...

And I was way more amped about Jon Forte anyway...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The thing is when these illegals bring their illegal mari-wanna into our country they make it that much harder for real Americans to earn a living growing marijuana.

Those guys should get a medal of honor or summtin.

• Dudes screwed up....no question.....if they had reported the incident and followed proper procedure they probably would have never been sent to prison.

They didn't and they deserved what they got.

I agree that they did F*ck up, but to sentence them to 11 & 12 years and let the smuggler walk is CRAZY.

By-the-way, you do know that Davila (smuggler) was caught in 2007 for the exact same thing? Now that's comedy.

• If he had pardoned Leonard Peltier and Mumia on his last day in office then we might be talking...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    If he had pardoned Leonard Peltier and Mumia on his last day in office then we might be talking...

If Obama pardons Leonard Peltier on his first day in office it will be a happier day.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    If he had pardoned Leonard Peltier and Mumia on his last day in office then we might be talking...

If Obama pardons Leonard Peltier on his first day in office it will be a happier day.