~2009 BAY AREA STRUT SUMMIT~

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Hi,I moved to Berkeley almost 4 months ago, but have not really integrated myself into the scene due to home and work obligations. I would love to connect with all the heads in the area.I propose that the Bay Area strut intelligencia organize a 2009 summit the first week of February. The agenda would consist of listening to raer, consuming drinks and other illicits, maybe even a potluck with the finest in local organic food.Any thoughts on spot to hold this? My house is small and perhaps not the most ideal central location.Let's do it!Respectfully,Nate B

Comments

• Good idea, thats a good lookin dog(in your avatar), but let's leave out the part about organic food and substitute McDnoalds or Pizza Huh.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    One goal would to make this summit free of political talk and hip-hop debate. We can listen to hip-hop, but will refrain from debating about it.

Hope that gets people interested.

Thoughts?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    If I were back home I'd offer up my place to host. Make this shit happen though and I'll be there for the next one!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I will attend via satellite

I will attend via satellite

Isn't this the land of technology? Howabout a Hologram.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    You have a certain Date in Feb. in mind?!?!
    I'd be down

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Let's do this! First week of February is good. I can most certainly host at the bachelor mansion, but it is a bit of a hike for most. It's worth the drive

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    How about taking up a collection to bring down some Canadian representatives? I can bring raer and brownies.

How about taking up a collection to bring down some Canadian representatives? I can bring raer and brownies.

I can cover a grayhound bus ticket for you.

I'm thinking that Thursday. Do we have a head count?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I can most certainly host at the bachelor mansion, but it is a bit of a hike for most. It's worth the drive

YES AND YES..Well not for me but as mentioned, worth it[/b] and he's an excellent host!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Let's do this! First week of February is good. I can most certainly host at the bachelor mansion, but it is a bit of a hike for most. It's worth the drive

I heartily endorse this venue and/or event, and not just because I'm a fellow South Bay resident. It's well capable of accommodating guests and it is the home venue for golf club apple baseball.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ew, im totally not going.

• I will attend via satellite

There should be Strut Summit day, where local chapter all meet for food/drink/raer, and conference in for a full-on conference.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i (sigh) would drive down to the sbay for this. really though a thursday? thats kinda tough. now that i think about this. bad traffic all the way down after 4/5p... and i gotta get up at 430a to be at work before 7a.

call me new edition and count me out if its on a weekday... ill be there in spirit though.

• I will not be there in person but I will bless in spirit and I wholeheartedly endorse the Ferrari Mansh for the place to be.

And I am in Brazil right now so that should matter.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Thursday?Really?!?!?
    Figured the weekend would be easier, no?!?!
    Or are you just talking about getting dude over here or leaving that week (first week of Feb.) of the get together?!?!

It doesn't have to be Thursday... that was just a suggestion. Actually, Thursday's are bad for me cuz I just joined a basketball league and all our games are Thursday night.

Keep the brainstorming session going...

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I'm in. Also down to host in Oakland. BBQ, anyone?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I would be down if it's on Sunday and either in the East Bay or SF. My kid has too much stuff on Saturdays so I'm all filled up.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    sundays are fresh for me. maybe geoff will chime in and let us make a mess at his house in san mateo.

SUNDAY FUNDAY!!!

My house really ain't that far and if the weather's okay, we can set the turntables up on the outside deck by the pool. Nice

I'm down with Sunday. We're missing a few peeps who should be at this, no?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    sundays are fresh for me. maybe geoff will chime in and let us make a mess at his house in san mateo.

• I'd be down for a Sunday, location shouldn't be an issue for me. I think it would be fun to go bowling or something as well...then again I work at a record store

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    what, no go karts?

• sundays are fresh for me. maybe geoff will chime in and let us make a mess at his house in san mateo.

This might could happen, depending on timing. Tho the moon room is kinda limited in seating, depending on turnout.

If the weather is good, bbq is a must, but I imagine my house is not as ballerific as ferrari's. (but i got a moonroom!!!)

Bowling sounds ill, as does go karts.
    There is an alley not to far from my crib, go karts are close too.
    Actually, there are two choices for karts round here.

fast and

or not so fast and a

• What about teh rest of you fockers?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    isn't there a supposed roller disco out here on Sundays? or is that long gone??

haha. I'd LOVE to see some strutters on roller skates with disco playin'.