Boycott this Super Bowl matchup,who's wit me?

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
yeah..i'm heated cuz the Eagles came up short after a monster comeback..Don't want to see the refs hand the steelers another 'chip and not interested some wack team from Arizona win (tho' Fitzgerald was incredible)..I'm just mad and sulking today..haturrrrrade.

Comments

• yeah..i'm heated cuz the Eagles came up short after a monster comeback..Don't want to see the refs hand the steelers another 'chip and not interested some wack team from Arizona win (tho' Fitzgerald was incredible)..I'm just mad and sulking today..haturrrrrade.

And I will boycott

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bad sportsmanship

• bad sportsmanship

yeah..i know,but come on we all know that feeling right?f*ckin' sports!

• bad sportsmanship

Pfffffffft I'm an Eagles fan... gofuckyaself

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I will enjoy it more now that I am not emotionally invested. I am new to football and was on the verge of a heart attack several times yesterday still. I used to think people who got all hot&bothered over sports were silly. Now, I am one of them.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bad sportsmanship

Grow up Muthafucka! Ive been an Eagle Fan since '79.

• yeah..some times i'm embaressed by this obsession with sports and how it fucks with my emotions..

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Best thing about Philly fans is you would have said the same thing if they won!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i'm boycotting

but

i've boycotted them all

since
    the
    colts
    left
    charm city

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I think I would feel your pain if my Steelers lost yesterday.

The AFC reps should have been the Titans, but they cursed themselves when that fool Lendale White stomped on the Terrible Towel.

NFC ... Philly fans, WTF!?? You should be happy they got as far as they did. They tied the Bengals for crissake! and McNabb is a choke artist. 5 NFC championships and a Superbowl with nothing to show for it.

• I wasn't deep into the NFL thread this season, so not sure where people's allegiances really lie up in here (aside from some of the more vocal birds and steelers fans), but I have a serious question: Is anyone here really, I mean REALLY really a CARDINALS fan? I cram to understand how anyone can have any allegiance to this squad. I'd like to hear who has been riding for this team (as opposed to simply wanting their opponent to lose for one reason or another) and why.

• bad sportsmanship

Grow up Muthafucka! Ive been an Eagle Fan since '79.

No way!! Really?

so you think your going to change a history of disappointment by becoming sportsman like?

• After the Thanksgiving Day Massacre I can see why Eagles fans are taking this bad, especially after beating my beloved Giants the week before, the possibilities seemed endless. I too was in a rut, but it what it is, a long and painful road waiting for September.

Who cares if no one on the board is a Cardinals fan? As a fan of football itself I am looking forward to the game. It should be interesting. The league is at a point where any team can take the trophy, any team who entered the playoffs had a chance (well, maybe not the Dolphins or the Vikings). Is this a good or bad thing for the league in general? I don't know, but it sure made for an exciting season. I highly enjoyed watching yesterday's games, and with the big one left I will be glued to the tv for one last Sunday.

• Who cares if no one on the board is a Cardinals fan?

oh I don't really care. I just want to understand the phenomenon of a cardinals fan. I can understand if your brother plays for the team or something, otherwise I'm not really buying this whole die-hard cardinals fandom.

I'm psyched for the game because it's the superbowl. not gonna boycott shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Man, this thread is the very definition of asshurt.

I think this Superbowl could be pretty good.

I got a lotta friends from Philly, so I was feeling bad for them,
    but nobody but Philly fans wants to see the birds in the SB anyway.

Like was already said, you guys should be happy you made it to the final.

• reskresk 391 Posts

Who cares if no one on the board is a Cardinals fan?

oh I don't really care. I just want to understand the phenomenon of a cardinals fan. I can understand if your brother plays for the team or something, otherwise I'm not really buying this whole die-hard cardinals fandom.

any phoenix strutters?

Dont really know who i am rooting for this year. I usually hate the steelers, but was rooting for them to beat the ravens (for beating my dolphins). Not rooting against the cards, cause i thought they played their hearts off, especially when no one gave them a chance (especially vs carolina). I am actually interested on seeing who is gonna take this one.

• THAT'S WHAT Y'ALL GET FOR THROWIN BATTERIES AT SANTA CLAUS.

THEY SELL SALVE AT CVS. HOLLER.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Who cares if no one on the board is a Cardinals fan?

My pop's pops (RIP) was a Cardinals fan, from back when they were still in Chicago. I guess there a lot of Cardinals fans still in St. Louis too, even more so with Kurt Warner as the QB. From a simple football fan's perspective or general fans of underdogs, there is a lot to get excited about with AZ.

Can't really hate on the Stillers either. To me, they are like a more efficient version of my team, the Bears. I think it's going to be a good game, definitely an interesting match-up.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Seahawks are pissed at this SuperBowl...they will boycott it.

Pray-offs.

Where's Warner's wife? I want to hear from her... Is she still around?

• Where's Warner's wife?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Go CARDS!!!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Phoenix is going nuts right now.

Arizona Cardinals and Super Bowl said in the same sentence without an outburst of laughter afterward.