Non-record store listening stations

gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Any of your spots have these?I wouldn't really consider Half Price Books a record store, but I was surprised to see that the one in my area has a listening station now. Crappy headphones, one of those "vintage" turntables you can get at department stores and a 5 minute listening time limit haha. Do other Half Price Books have them? I've only been to a handful of others.Then there is an antique store close by that has a very limited amount of records, but tends to come up with some decent stuff here and there. They've got a listening station. Funny thing is that the owner doesn't like people to use headphones, he'd rather "hear what people are testing out."

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    there is an antique store close by that has a very limited amount of records, but tends to come up with some decent stuff here and there. They've got a listening station. Funny thing is that the owner doesn't like people to use headphones, he'd rather "hear what people are testing out."

nosy motherfucker

• Then there is an antique store close by that has a very limited amount of records, but tends to come up with some decent stuff here and there. They've got a listening station. Funny thing is that the owner doesn't like people to use headphones, he'd rather "hear what people are testing out."
    i was at an antique store recently that tried to do the same thing, and when i pulled out the soundburger he was all offended that i didnt want to use his 70s receiver/recordplayer/radio/amp

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    when i pulled out the soundburger

solid