german only mix

spcspc 534 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
A half hour super quadro pop show I made for friends of sound. Nothing really special or rare, but some good music I think.

Comments

• spcspc 534 Posts
    no comments? do find it whack?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    no comments? do find it whack?

Give a motherfucker time to listen to that shit, hus.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    so Chinese aren't allowed ?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    its great bro

• spcspc 534 Posts
    so Chinese aren't allowed ?
    No, it's music from germany only.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    its great bro
    Thanks!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Totally awesome.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    SOULSTRUT IS ALIVE!!!!!!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    in the muthafuckin mix, just checking this out now, auw this shit is DOPE...yeah hip hop dont stop! this is all that german heat I never heard before... nasty nasty nasty- BIG Up spc !!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    SHOOT! I can't remember what the song before the last song is. I played it to a friend last week. I just went through my records, but I can't figure out what it is!?!?!?!!?

I wish I could do a mix. But my mixing skills suck badly! I might practice a bit and contribute a 5 song mix...

Nice one spc. I already listened to it. It's featured on your wesite. There's Captain Future in it, right? Is there an original vinyl release of Bruhn's sountrack?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    my boy SteenRock just released this mixtape, he's cutting up rockbreaks, awesome piece of work, definitely one of copenhagens finest on the decks!

http://www.djcarsten.dk/rock_science.html

• spcspc 534 Posts
    SHOOT! I can't remember what the song before the last song is. I played it to a friend last week. I just went through my records, but I can't figure out what it is!?!?!?!!?

I wish I could do a mix. But my mixing skills suck badly! I might practice a bit and contribute a 5 song mix...

Nice one spc. I already listened to it. It's featured on your wesite. There's Captain Future in it, right? Is there an original vinyl release of Bruhn's sountrack?

The track is from a Niagara LP, but I have to look it up, can't remember which one. Captain Future was in the Adventures In Funk mix. There is an original Timm Tahler OST on vinyl, but I only got the reissue. Two times I got it snapped away right in front of my eyes, I guess it just shouldn't happen for me
    As for the mixing, I did it all with a pc in Mackie Tracktion, I can work more precise and detailed with multitracking than with two turntables and a fader.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    my boy SteenRock just released this mixtape, he's cutting up rockbreaks, awesome piece of work, definitely one of copenhagens finest on the decks!

http://www.djcarsten.dk/rock_science.html

That??s some dope stuff!

Appreciated.

- J

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I listened and loved this when someone posted the new issue a couple of months back.

Track list possible?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I listened and loved this
    Track list possible?

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I listened and loved this when someone posted the new issue a couple of months back.

Track list possible?

I'm to lazy to search for the lps but I can remember all the artists:

1. schoolgirls report intro
    2. neue generation
    3. fischer & br??hning live
    4. gerd wilden orchstera - schoolgirls report and others ost
    5. james last - voodoo party ?
    6. christian bruhn - timm thaler ost
    7. christian bruhn - timm thaler ost
    8. peter thomas
    9. peter thomas
    10. gert wilden orchestra - schoolgirls report and others ost
    11. passport
    12. manfred krug
    13. from the scholgirls report film
    14. gerd wilden - scholgirls report and others ost
    15. niagara ?
    16. vamypros lesbos ost
    17. vampyros lesbos ost
    18. roundhouse
    19. klaus wunderlich
    20. niagara
    21. g??nter norris jet sounds
    22. schoolgirls report outro

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    dopeness!
    appreciated!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

The track is from a Niagara LP, but I have to look it up, can't remember which one. Captain Future was in the Adventures In Funk mix. There is an original Timm Tahler OST on vinyl, but I only got the reissue. Two times I got it snapped away right in front of my eyes, I guess it just shouldn't happen for me
    As for the mixing, I did it all with a pc in Mackie Tracktion, I can work more precise and detailed with multitracking than with two turntables and a fader.

Oh damn! I found the Niagara two weeks ago! I should know better!!!!

Tim Thaler! My girlfriends dad has a copy. I don't like it that much though!

Nice nice nice! spc rules!

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    The James Last is "Summertime" from his Best Kept Secret LP.

The mix is put together nicely but it also shows that a lot of those hyped German breaks/music is not really deep. That whole Schulm??dchen Sexploitation thing is cheesy listening to me. German music is not funky per se and most of it doesn't has soul. The raer moments when it feels funky or soulful often happened by accident. I'm not hating on German breaks. There's good stuff with no doubt. But I grew up in the Seventies and the music at my house was Schlager and James Last. That means I can get very nostagic about some of these songs but at the same time I remember first hand how awful 99% of it were. I remember when I bought my first Sly & The Family Stone best of album. Some of the songs like "Sing A Simple Song" sounded familar to me but i had no idea why. When I started checking for German breaks I found out why: James Last. But I don't like James Last better now, I think I dislike him even more.

One question: where's the guy from who actually did this mix? The spoken word stuff from Schulm??dchen report is put together too well for not native-speaker.

Don't get me wrong (you don't have to start listing German records that are good..) I like me some German raers but i think you have to put things in perspective too.

Ilja Richter, the host of the most influential music tv show of my youth "Disco 70-78" (the name changed with every year)

I used to have a crush on Katja Ebstein

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The mix is put together nicely but it also shows that a lot of those hyped German breaks/music is not really deep. That whole Schulm??dchen Sexploitation thing is cheesy listening to me. German music is not funky per se and most of it doesn't has soul. The raer moments when it feels funky or soulful often happened by accident. I'm not hating on German breaks. There's good stuff with no doubt. But I grew up in the Seventies and the music at my house was Schlager and James Last. That means I can get very nostagic about some of these songs but at the same time I remember first hand how awful 99% of it were. I remember when I bought my first Sly & The Family Stone best of album. Some of the songs like "Sing A Simple Song" sounded familar to me but i had no idea why. When I started checking for German breaks I found out why: James Last. But I don't like James Last better now, I think I dislike him even more.

Olski,

I feel the same way about Australian/New Zealand records these days. Sure, I'm Australian, I love the shit, I still hunt for the raer obscure stuff and collect it, but only because it's from my country and to document it, not really for a everyday listening experience... basically, when you put 90% of it up against the run-of-the-mill soul or funk or jazz records from the US, it just doesn't cut it, cheesy springs to mind, sometimes it's unlistenable, only cool cuz it's Australian... 10% of it is ILL though... Arena, Dr. Tree, Jackie Orczasky, John Sangster "Joker Is Wild"... + for drums; Ariel, Daly Wilson, etc. are heat...

peace.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    The James Last is "Summertime" from his Best Kept Secret LP.

One question: where's the guy from who actually did this mix? The spoken word stuff from Schulm??dchen report is put together too well for not native-speaker.

Don't get me wrong (you don't have to start listing German records that are good..) I like me some German raers but i think you have to put things in perspective too.

Ilja Richter, the host of the most influential music tv show of my youth "Disco 70-78" (the name changed with every year)

I used to have a crush on Katja Ebstein

I know what you mean, I didn't do the mix to represent german funk/soul/jazz/whatever, just some good music for the listener.
    I'm from Germany, that explains the spoken word stuff
    I think the german "way of funk" is a bit more twisted and, as you said, not per se funky and soulful as you know it from US artists. The best stuff for me is the weird library stuff, with lots of synth and crazy sounds, that's also for my ears perhaps the european sound.