Nothing Tops

whitelilywhitelily 155 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
getting laid off and then sitting around all day downloading Japanese psych while eating chocolate pudding in bed

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    so whats good in the jap psych game right now?

- spidey

• Um, not sure about what's good right now, but i been downloading Les Rallizes Denudes....pretty f*cking sick. I just discovered them and am trying to get everything, it's ridiculous music, not sure how I've missed it....

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    damn son, you late.

- spidey

• not son....daughter? uh, I know, I was looking for that little late pass icon you guys use sometimes but I couldn't find it.....

so you tell me then, what's new in Jappsych game??

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Am I the only one that read getting laid?

Not new or hot and it's more of a psych backing. But I was just listening to some Asakawa Maki.

I now feel like I can become pure sunshine!

• Yeah, not having a job is great until the first

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Why can't there be more whitelily's around here and less "damn son, you late"

• so whats good in the chocolate pudding[/b] game right now?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• Why can't there be more whitelily's around here and less "damn son, you late"

hahaha yesss. Jello devil's food layered with the dark chocolate then the light brown chocolate then the dark chocolate....

Almost as good as leftie japanese heavy noise feedback w/ dreamy melodies and violent tendencies...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Surprised the return of Whitelily doesn't get bigger press around here...

Lil!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    why did you leave?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    What really sucks is that there's no real good chocolate pudding to be found in the US. And they don't even import any of the good stuff.

Not so tragic since there's some decent ice cream.
    Although it sucks that most Ben & Jerry's flavors come with some sort of cake crumbs or nuts. White Chocolate Raspbery Truffle by H??agen Dasz is my current fave.

• Hi Cos!

Um, idk why I left....

just up to other things i guess?

This head cold is killing me....

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

Yeah i read that too. That actually would be the best day ever.

• Am I the only one that read getting laid?

thats cos is said "getting laid" and then directly under that it read "pudding in bed"....... many a man/woman's ultimate perhaps??!!

Gettin laid (off).......
    pudding in bed.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

thats cos is said "getting laid" and then directly under that it read "pudding in bed"....... many a man/woman's ultimate perhaps??!!

Gettin laid (off).......
    pudding in bed.

hahaha

• Am I the only one that read getting laid?

Gettin laid (off).......
    pudding in bed.

BATMON take note: that's directed at you.

• getting laid off and then sitting around all day downloading Japanese psych while eating chocolate pudding in bed

Now that's the good life.

• Kimio Mizutani

So, so good.

• Kimio Mizutani

So, so good.

You know, I've had that on my ipod for months now and haven't really gotten that excited about it. It's no Apryl Fool. Maybe I need to give it another listen?

• Kimio Mizutani

So, so good.

You know, I've had that on my ipod for months now and haven't really gotten that excited about it. It's no Apryl Fool. Maybe I need to give it another listen?

Are we both talking about "A Path Through Haze"?

I appreciate it because it has a lot of dimensions and nice orchestration. Loads of low-key woodwinds, bang bang drums and feedback, has kept me relistening. I also like the long passages with just stripped down orchestral backing.

Plus, the sound of the bass is incredible on "A Bottle of Codeine"

Good album for red wine and painkillers (I joke... or do I?)

• Kimio Mizutani

So, so good.

Are we both talking about "A Path Through Haze"?

I appreciate it because it has a lot of dimensions and nice orchestration. Loads of low-key woodwinds, bang bang drums and feedback, has kept me relistening. I also like the long passages with just stripped down orchestral backing.

Plus, the sound of the bass is incredible on "A Bottle of Codeine"

Good album for red wine and painkillers (I joke... or do I?)

Yeah, same album. I DLl'd it off here actually, on that psych thread that was up awhile back....maybe I should give it another listen. Bottle of Codeine is def good, maybe just not pretty and melodious enough for my tastes....I'll try it again...with red wine..... : )

• maybe just not pretty and melodious enough for my tastes.

You're the one listening to Rallizes Denudes!

I haven't really heard much japanese psych that fits those criterias. Yugoslavia and/or Turkey is where it's at for me for the melodious psych

• Word! But Rallizes has some songs that are really dreamy and pretty and delicate even with all the feedback....and Apryl Fool and Blues Creation are both pretty at times...not sure what else....one time I had a dream about a Japanese psych band called the Beautiful Explosion. The cover was facemelt ombre groupshot with rainbow degrade of japanese 60s mopheaded dudes sitting in various meditative positions on mexican blankets....

Ima check out your clip tomorrow, can't listen while uptight roomie is sleepin....thanks tho, can't wait to hear : )

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    "Just eating some mousse"

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Whitelily Psych Mix still gets rotation in this house. Never got to say thanks.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Les Rallizes Denudes:

In 1970, the original bass player Moriaki Wakabayashi was involved in the hijacking of Japan Airlines Flight 351 orchestrated by the Japanese Red Army.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    DivShare File - melting glass box.wav

melting glass box (sorry...one clip rip)

• Whitelily Psych Mix still gets rotation in this house. Never got to say thanks.

: )