Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
My lambo is blueDiscuss

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    My fave of the Obama songs.

Political, yet still flossy.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    could do without nas on the third verse. Other than that, always liked this song, video isnt mind blowing but not terrible

• Maybe he could have went with "My President is Black, my county is blue, I'll be god damned it my Reps ain't too"

• Rockadelic at 2:01/2:02?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yeah, major chorus fail.

Missed opportunity to get a message out to the masses.

My president is black, my Lambo's blue
    And I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too
    My momma ain't at home, and daddy's still in jail
    Tryna make a plate, anybody seen the scale?
    My money's light green and my Jordans light grey
    And they love to see white, now how much you tryna pay?
    Let's go!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, major chorus fail.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    COOL AS SHIT THAT HE GOT JOHN LEWIS IN IT THOUGH

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

Let's go!

Really. This ignorant, stereotype enforcing, materialistic bullshit has no place when speaking about such a landmark in this country's history.

• Please tell us what political-oriented song you are bumping out the whip ^^^

• This song will always remind me of THAT night when Obama won, though. That shit was blasting out of every damn car I was passing all night/morning.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Yeah, major chorus fail.

Could be said about all music{rap} today.
    If rap had a message, you might as well listen to christian radio.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    CNN played part of the video this morning in a segment about hip-hop at the inauguration and really didn't have much they could say about it, besides the symbolic aspect. It's embarrassing that any part of this song needs to be bleeped out on national TV. People's ears perk up at the first line of the chorus...and the rest of it is junk. NAGL.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    LOVE JEEZY. I'M JUST SAYING, KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING? KNOW DREW KNOWS WHAT I'M SAYING.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

somewhat related: been hearing this a lot on DC radio this weekend...

browz speaking on it with more substance than jeezy is kind of a trip, but then again "my president is black" was recorded well before the convention, right?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    what will be very interesting in the next few years is music with a political theme, I hope criticism continues for things/policies people feel are not right. just because we have a great man on the top doesnt mean everything is all good now and things wont be fucked up.

I am proud of Obama on a symbolism tip, but for those that think all of a sudden america is gonna be Happy Land, and Obama is gonna be a magic man who lives in a gumdrop house on Lolly Pop Lane is weak.

While that song posted earlier in the post ain't my thing, i think the message is kinda screwed up, but to complain about rap lyrics is trivial.

The thing im trying to pull out of this, as a visible minority, is that life has been hard because of racists, and sure that sucks, but I can no longer use that as an obstacle/excuse to my success because others have gone through it and "made it." I hope the youth shatters that glass ceiling, but its gonna be hard work. NO MORE EXCUSES (and i'm speaking to myself when i say that as well)

I HOPE OBAMA DOESNT BECOME A CHE GUEVARA T-SHIRT FIGURE. This is what worries me most. Things much more important than that. Back in the day, here in toronto when i was in elementary school, we had a Black Governor General Lincoln Alexander (a high position) come into our gym and give us a speech. and he told use that visible minorites have to work twice as hard and i was really inspired by him. seeing all these obama print dresses, hats and bags and shit makes me feel odd. I'm happy as hell of the progress, I just hope it isn't something cheapened.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah, major chorus fail.

Let's go!

I would think that the hidden metaphors here were obvious.

Lambo = rich douchebags drive lambos. those dudes are feeling kinda blue now.

Rims = another word for asshole, as in "rim job",those assholes are also feeling blue.

My momma aint at home = because she is running for president

and daddy's still in jail = means that black men are still being abused by the system

tryna make a plate = what, rappers can't be in to pottery?

anybody seen the scale? = feeling a little chubby these days

my moneys light green = we've always had white men on our money, so he's questioning how the printing press will handle obama on our our future currency

my jordans light grey = when celebrating the inauguration he is saying you should wear good comfortable shoes, because you will be on your feet a lot. Some light grey jordans would be a great choice.

And they love to see white = milk. it does a body good.

now how much you tryna pay = tax cuts.

let's go = lets go!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yeah, major chorus fail.

Let's go!

I would think that the hidden metaphors here were obvious.

Lambo = rich douchebags drive lambos. those dudes are feeling kinda blue now.

Rims = another word for asshole, as in "rim job",those assholes are also feeling blue.

My momma aint at home = because she is running for president

and daddy's still in jail = means that black men are still being abused by the system

tryna make a plate = what, rappers can't be in to pottery?

anybody seen the scale? = feeling a little chubby these days

my moneys light green = we've always had white men on our money, so he's questioning how the printing press will handle obama on our our future currency

my jordans light grey = when celebrating the inauguration he is saying you should wear good comfortable shoes, because you will be on your feet a lot. Some light grey jordans would be a great choice.

And they love to see white = milk. it does a body good.

now how much you tryna pay = tax cuts.

let's go = lets go!

Now it all makes sense!