Percee P - Put It On The Line

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
So has anybody checked out this 12" yet? The on-line retailer folls haven't yet hooked up audio for this & its been a couple days. Is is hot?Peaceh

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Is is hot?

supposedly, havent heard it with my own two ears yet...i know madlib is on both remixes

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Finally heard this & I'm about it.

If you would have tolda me a year ago that I would go gaga for Quaz & be lukewarm about Percee P, I woulda thought u crazy.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    i had very low expectations for any percee p + mablib equations. rightly so, this is no good.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    doesnt sound right. ive loved percee for years but this aint workin.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    He's got a joint with Grip Grand and DJ Design coming out soon (with cuts by your truly) and dude come correct. My only grip is that his flow is the same every damn time.

Anyone ever peep that joint Percee did with Soulstrut's very own "Soul Purpouse"?

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Anyone ever peep that joint Percee did with Soulstrut's very own "Soul Purpose"?

Yep - loved it too. Fast and aggressive...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Anyone ever peep that joint Percee did with Soulstrut's very own "Soul Purpose"?

Is this a 12"? An audio link wold be dope!

Peace

h

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Lung Collapsing Lyrics pt. 2 was wack.... it's a joke to even try and make a sequel to it....

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    I still think Percee's verse is nice, regardless of whether it stands up to the original.
    Percee's verse...

Certainly like this track more than the track that's just dropped on Stones Throw.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I liked him over that cut chemist beat on the last J5 album. That combo would work better than Madlib.
    By the way - did Cut's album basically get permenantly shelved? He should have released it through Stone Throw.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    His verse is actually real nice on that track, it's just the beat is cheesy.... Thanks for the mp3...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    His verse is actually real nice on that track, it's just the beat is cheesy.... Thanks for the mp3...

"shoot data at your bladder"

I agree he came off on that Cut Chemist/J5 song.
    He's just better at fast beats.
    Him and Ma De Reeb does not a good combo make.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    I liked him over that Edan[/b] beat on the Edan[/b] last album. That combo would work better than Madlib.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    He's got a joint with Grip Grand

do you know this dude? apparently he's based in santa cruz (like myself, most of the time) and I heard some track he did with AG and it was pretty hot. I have an idea of who he might be but i'm not sure, I don't really kick it with too many hip hop folks down there.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Hey, Chr!s,

Just wondering: what's this song called?

peace

h

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    That track is called 'Lung Collapsin' Lyrics 2'... and yeah, it was available on a 12" as well.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My only grip is that his flow is the same every damn time.

CoSign!!!!!!!!!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    My only grip is that his flow is the same every damn time.

CoSign!!!!!!!!!

One trick pony, but dope tho...

Did anyone catch that SBX DVD? The battle between him and Finesse is insane...

Check http://www.diggerswithgratitude.com for more info...
    also http://www.bbpbx.com

peace.