i'm feeling this jay electronica song..u should to

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Jay Electronica Transformation prod. by Just Bleezy. the only song I've heard that merits the hype.shit is teh troof'

Comments

• "this that Kurt Curbain shit."

beat is cool. I don't know who Jay Electronica is. I have heard the name, but it sounds like a producer.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    "this that Kurt Curbain shit."

beat is cool. I don't know who Jay Electronica is. I have heard the name, but it sounds like a producer.

He's from the NOLA I believe. He has some other stuff thats really good on a few mixtapes he was featured on.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i like this guy and ride for 75% of his catalogue.

• cas

post some shit.

• "this that Kurt Curbain shit."

He's from the NOLA I believe.

Yep w/ the Detroit connection! I definitely like his stuff.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    cas

post some shit.

style wars ep

"Somethin??? To Hold On To (Prod. Nottz)" is fraesch.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Here are a couple of my favorite tracks off the album, which does get a little monotonous after mad repeated listens. Still, I like where he is going with it.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    I got that song off a Guitar Center Various Artists who work for them CD. (jay elect works for Guitar Center?) I played it alone in the car. It made me feel like I could have a good cry (about how much I miss Hip-Hop) and then beat someone up (who doesn't miss it too).

• PATRICK LURKS ON TEH WAXIDERMYZ REVEALED!!!

• btw this song is basically my SHIT.

So ill....

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Weren't all you guys hatting on jay last time we had this discussion ?

• Not to sleep on My World (Nas Salute).

• Weren't all you guys hatting on jay last time we had this discussion ?

^^^
    HEARD ABOUT A POSSBILE "X collabo" with Jay and FLy-Lo. is geeked up about dat. hope the snares aren't quantized and the bass has more wobles than a fat laddy's thighs!

• PATRICK LURKS ON TEH WAXIDERMYZ REVEALED!!!

naw I don't actually. that cat sake one hit me with this and it is basically MY SHIT.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Cool be sure to send me a promo 12" when you get them.
    Has jay actually put out an album yet or is it still those two interweb tapes floating around ?

• Cool be sure to send me a promo 12" when you get them.
    Has jay actually put out an album yet or is it still those two interweb tapes floating around ?

All cdr and mp3. He did some stuff with Zed Bias and Mad Slinky. Not sure if those are out yet (alright stuff)

His biggest release is the one he did for Erykah Badu

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i like this guy and ride for 75% of his catalogue.

Co-sign. And I like this new song too. When people were hyping that eternal sunshine blah I wasn't impressed (still don't like that one), but he grew on me. "Hard To Get" is the shit.

What's up with the terrible name though? Ugh. Almost makes you reluctant to say it loud when people ask you what are listening to.

"So what are you listening to?"
    "I'm listening to this new rapper called Jay E...eerh...just Jay."

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    This song's been out for quite a few months now. I dig it.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I like this guy as well. I was beginning to think he'd be just another internet buzz rapper who'd never have an album released, so it's good to hear that something's going to surface one way or another. Awful name, though.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    this track is nice , i saw him live last summer at rock the bells in toronto .. it was ok but he did way to much accapella/spoken word stuff... his live performance definitely left something to be desired but he still has time to work on it.