Timeless Concert Series - HO. LEE. SHIT.

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/backstage/music/dsp_timeless.cfm Too bad I won't be in town for most of these.

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    You beat me to it!

I am seriously thinking about flying out for one of these!

• What's the venue? LA?

• Day, let's round up the posse and do this.

Which one you trying to do?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Am I seeing the dates wrong here? Aren't these from LAST YEAR?

Am I seeing the dates wrong here? Aren't these from LAST YEAR?

Must be a typo--Mochilla.com posted something about it a couple days ago.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    How come I can't get booked to play for these things...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I think the dates are printed wrong.

I just got the invite form a friend to go to the Mulatu show.

I'll be there and I'm going to see Axe and Verocai too

Who else is in?

Word. They need to fix that, stat!

I'm definitely down to see 1, 3 and 4. (Pitching editors now...)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Im there.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Wow. 1, 3, and 4 sound amazing. WTF is Vtech phones though?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Whoa... I should cruise down for the Verocai one to get my vinyl signed. Thanks for the heads up.

The real question is: will there be custom sneakers for each event? I want the Verocai joints!

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Something doesnt seem right...the Luckman website does not show the events on their "events" listing and ticketmaster does not have the events listed under Luckman. Perhaps I am missing something.

Something doesnt seem right...the Luckman website does not show the events on their "events" listing and ticketmaster does not have the events listed under Luckman. Perhaps I am missing something.

I was about to say the same thing..

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/backstage/music/dsp_timeless.cfm

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts

I'm with you on the URL...however how to go about purchasing a ticket is what is eluding me here.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

HO.LEE.SHIT is right.

J Dilla is mentioned as a musician on the VTECH site for this, probably some commemorative steez.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    I just called them. Tickets are not on sale yet...apparently soon.

• I just met Carlos at a party last weekend and he mentioned working with setting up a Mulatu concert... this must be it. Rad.

Someone make a decision for me plaese.

Mulatu, Verocai or Axelrod?

My buddy works at the airport here, probably cost me $150-200 round trip by plane. Plus, I'd spend a few days in L.A.

Its a tough decision and I'd rather just see all three. Right now, I'm leaning towards Verocai. Axelrod for whatever reason is third on my list, probably because I've got the live DVD. So its really between Mulatu and Verocai. When else will I have this opportunity at this price? Plus, I've been planning a trip to L.A. for awhile now, this is the perfect time.

halp

Verocai

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    They are available now. I bought my ticket for the Mulatu show from the Luckman box office for $25

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Verocai

Normally, I'd say Axelrod but I think the Verocai is an even raer-er opportunity.

I'm going to try to catch at least 3 out of the 4, if not all of them. I should be interviewing The Axe himself. Jyeah!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Tickets are available at the Luckman Box Office, open Tues. noon???6 pm, Wed.???Fri. 10 am???6 pm, Sat. 10???4 pm, and at least one hour prior to all performances. Call (323) 343-6600 for information or to pay by credit card.

Verocai: $22.50
    Axelrod: $32.50

See you all there!

Is Verocai available for purchase yet? I saw Mulatu on the Luckman site, but not Verocai. If anyone has a direct link to purchase, lemme know.

So the real questions is who's hosting the Strut Pre party?!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Is Verocai available for purchase yet? I saw Mulatu on the Luckman site, but not Verocai. If anyone has a direct link to purchase, lemme know.

So the real questions is who's hosting the Strut Pre party?!

Sup [email]Iv@n[/email], no direct link but I called and bought tix over the phone, fuk ticketmaster:

http://www.luckmanarts.org/boxoffice.php

Tickets are available at the Luckman Box Office, open Tues. noon???6 pm, Wed.???Fri. 10 am???6 pm, Sat. 10???4 pm, and at least one hour prior to all performances. Call (323) 343-6600 for information or to pay by credit card.

All tix are on sale, great seats right now. I'm 5 rows from the front, can't wait to see Verocai and Axelrod! Maybe you can get your Verocai cover signed?

• I've been seeing letterpress posters for the series all over my neighborhood this week. Of course I copped a couple off the telephone poles, now I need to get tickets. Depending on when these concerts are (work schedule conflict-r), I'm down to host a get-together or two. I'm right near Echo Park where Rootlesscosmo and Mylatency didn't throw down so holler at me via PM if anyone's interested.

How was Mulatu ?