Steve Jobs taking leave of absense through June

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
http://sfist.com/2009/01/14/steve_jobs_to_take_leave_of_absence.phpApple CEO Steve Jobs sent the following email to all Apple employees today. Team, I am sure all of you saw my letter last week sharing something very personal with the Apple community. Unfortunately, the curiosity over my personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and my family, but everyone else at Apple as well. In addition, during the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought. In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the end of June.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Great.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Stocks down 6% in after hours trading. Good chance Apple is going to get rocked in the market tomorrow because of this.

b/w

hope he gets better.

• Slate had a rough article on this a couple weeks back, titled, "I Have Seen the Future of Apple and it is Boring..."

For now, Jobs is that company. Now may be as good a time as any to move in a new direction...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Has anybody read the book "Good to Great"?

He has no successor or leadership plan to carry on his legacy. He is a good leader and has done a lot for the company, but it's been all about him. To be a great leader you need to be able to pass the torch without affecting your business or its performance success.

He has not done that, and it doesn't like look there is any sort of tangible plan on resolving that part of his legacy.

If apple shits the bed after he's gone, it will not prove how great he was, but the opposite.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    People let's not forget Jonathan Ive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Ive

• Has anybody read the book "Good to Great"?

He has no successor or leadership plan to carry on his legacy. He is a good leader and has done a lot for the company, but it's been all about him. To be a great leader you need to be able to pass the torch without affecting your business or its performance success.

He has not done that, and it doesn't like look there is any sort of tangible plan on resolving that part of his legacy.

If apple shits the bed after he's gone, it will not prove how great he was, but the opposite.

I agree... Ive or no, a designer may not be a leader.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

"STEVER IS GWHAT??? I'M ON MY WAY RIGHT NOW TO SAVE APPLE!!!"[/b]