Chai Cocktail (Drinking Related)

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I was taking a shower today and wondering what I should take to a dinner tomorrow night. I decided I'd experiment with a chai cocktail. I'm sure there's a lot you can do with chai, but I like to keep my drinks simple. Please help me with the following:Vanilla chai tea + _______________type of alcohol = great cocktailI was thinking vanilla vodka maybe. I think Baileys would overpower the chai flavor, though I've seen it in some recipes. I've also seen chocolate liqueur, but it wouldn't have enough alcohol on it's own. Maybe just whiskey, like in Irish coffee?Also, should it be served hot or iced? I think hot, but some folks aren't used to hot alcoholic beverages.

Comments

• I don't really have a suggestion for your drink, besides the fact that iced sounds better to me.

here is my chai story:

I once had a nice warm chai tea on a cold evening. A homeless man asked for some change. I offered my drink. He took a sip and then threw it in the middle of the street.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    chai tea=tea tea

Rum would probably mix best with it & I'd make it hot.
    (considering the season and to keep it somewhat traditional)

T***y, sorry to hear about your drink. If I'm ever in that area, I'll buy you a chai!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    okay, thanks

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    don't you have to be home by 6?

• Just make hot buttered rum and use a little bit of chai spice.