Unemployed

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Ok, I said it. I was working as a music supervisor for a web start up and around the end of August I was told that I would be on freelance basis. Since then I kept really busy and was able to do some good work on the freelance side. Around mid november things slowed down and I decided to be safe and start collecting unemployment insurance. I have a million things to keep busy with; music, a documentary I working on getting funded, books I've wanted to read.. etc. but just this week I have started to feel like a bum. I want to change my career path, so it will be a challenge to get a job at the pay level I am use to. It most likely will mean starting on a low level. Certainly the insurance I'm collecting is adjusting my perspective. I suppose I'm just starting to catch myself falling into a lull of security since I'm taking in money and doing things beyond sitting on my ass all day. so anyone else out there feeling this? I guess I'm lucky since I have no debt and have a little savings. But I still worry about my future.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I've been stressed about my job lately and business has been REALLY slow at my office the last few weeks. I'm not sitting ideal though. I'm subletting part of our office to an accountant and I'll be doing bookkeeping for him. Hitting the gym on the regular, beginning night classes on Wednesday, may take some Yoga classes, starting my own bookkeeping company. Depending on how I hold up I might try and put some more on my schedule. I'm thinking of volunteering on weekends at a hospital since I'm considering a career in the medical field. Figured I should get a taste of that life before committing myself to it.

For the last 10 years I've moreoreless been a 9-to-5 guy who just relaxed after work but I'm trying to do more with my life now.