BANH MI, BATCHES (FOOD RELATED)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
MOST DEALTPLEASE TO CHECK K SANDWICHES FOR THE REAL, ALL DAY EVERYDAY LV13 4 LIFE

Comments

• MOST DEALT

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR.

BEST, MOST AFFORDABLE MEAL ON THE EARTH.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

BEST, MOST AFFORDABLE DELICIOSA[/b] MEAL ON THE EARTH.

...north/west side of the mariscos german taco truck that is....
    (paging CBEAR-ER)

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    MOST DEALT

Hell yes and agreed!!!!!

• MOST DEALT

YESS AND THIS PHOTO SHOULD BE REPEATED EACH TIME.

OAKLAND HEADS: CAM HUONG ON INT'L CURRY TOFU BANH MI = YESSSSS
    BBQ PORK = SULTAN'S REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

OAKLAND HEADS: CAM HUONG

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    They don't use any special name for it, but there's a Vietnemese sub joint here that makes sandwiches that look just like that one. They're amazing - possibly the best tofu in town - but its pretty expensive...

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    MOST DEALT

There's one on Int'l???

I always hit up the Cam Huong on Webster for the fried fresh salmon banh mi. ($3.25-related)

"Peppah? No peppah?"

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Where can I get some curry tofu Banh Mi in SD?! I want that.

• we got em in philly too.
    real f*ckin good. fu-wah is the spot for those in the know
    BUT...your ass will be spitting fire clouds

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I've been making these at home.

Tonight I smoked turkey thighs with a five spice sauce.

Made the carrot diakon slaw yesterday.

Cilantro.

Mayo.

Lime.

Cucumber on the side.

Fresh french bread.

Hell yeah. I shoulda took a pic.

• MOST DEALT

PLEASE TO CHECK K SANDWICHES FOR THE REAL, ALL DAY EVERYDAY LV13 4 LIFE

AHH HELL YEAH DOG! WHEN YOUR RIDIN' AROUND SHININ' 24/7 YOU'LL GET HUNGRY! COUNTIN' MONEY MAKES YOU WANNA MUNCH AS WELL.

• Coriander = NO NO!!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Coriander = NO NO!!

But, yes to Cilantro!

• MOST DEALT

There's one on Int'l???

I always hit up the Cam Huong on Webster for the fried fresh salmon banh mi. ($3.25-related)

"Peppah? No peppah?"

Yeah the one on Int'l is @ 7th, steps away from Pho Ga Huong Que cafe which is a force to be reckoned with. They do all things chicken (banh mi, pho, porridge, etc)
    but their chicken porridge is FUERA DE CONTROL.

They have this magical green sauce that you can dip the chicken in (I don't even usu. eat the chicken, just ride for the porridge) that is amazing- some sort of cilantro oil pesto-y thang. Every time I get the porridge I try to shove out of my mind the horrible things in there that must make it taste so good (lard, msg...!?!?!?)

But yeah, Cam Huong on Int'l has more space & more stuff than the Webster store. It's the same folks/fam that runs Sierra Deli in Jack London Square too.

• Hell yes and agreed!!!!!

• Yo, if as someone said- 'These are expensive'- you're going to the wrong joint.

$2.50 - $3.00 most places I've seen throughout the country.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Yo, if as someone said- 'These are expensive'- you're going to the wrong joint.

dc area they are $2.50 or 5 for $10

5 for $10

• memphis style:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    MOST DEALT

good lord - get those green peppers out of there.
    double the cilantro and hot sauce and we're off! (i'm just gonna pretend that's tofu)

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    MOST DEALT

good lord - get those green peppers out of there.
    double the cilantro and hot sauce and we're off! (i'm just gonna pretend that's tofu)

Um, i think those are GIANT jalepenos.

no to those, too. i can pick those out and they haven't ruined the taste of everything they've come in contact with (not like green peppers). unless you can guarantee those jalapenos are hot, then they just end of tasting like bell peppers, you know? with chili paste/hot sauce, you know what you're dealing with. i guess the cucmubers are hiding in the back? yeesh. forget it. i'm getting one after work.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I am used to getting my ass handed to me by the BANH MI jaelpenos in my town. I hear you though.

How do you feel about the mock duck ones?

have never been a fan of the taste of duck, real or mocked, I stick with the tofu...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Yo, if as someone said- 'These are expensive'- you're going to the wrong joint.

I think we're lucky to have one Vietnemese sub joint in town (Raleigh NC that is) and they can get away w/charging whatever they want.

I don't know what a little one like in the picture would cost but I usually get the giant one that can be 2 meals if you're not really hungry - thats like ten bucks.

• Yo, if as someone said- 'These are expensive'- you're going to the wrong joint.

I think we're lucky to have one Vietnemese sub joint in town (Raleigh NC that is) and they can get away w/charging whatever they want.

I don't know what a little one like in the picture would cost but I usually get the giant one that can be 2 meals if you're not really hungry - thats like ten bucks.

Yeah, your urban area may be part of it...

But, if your town is bigger, $2.50 will get you PLENTY of sandwich. Won't need two...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i had a bbq'ed chicken banh mi this afternoon after i read this thread this morning.

$2.50 out the door. Jalapenos are a must though.

Jalapenos are a must though.

AGREED

• yeah i gotta have the peppers in there. i like my banh mi to finish like a salad. and competition is fierce out here which only makes things better. my favorite is my tho. packed with veggies, a shit ton of meats and the bread dont cut up your mouth like some of them other joints. i'll admit, mr baguette prolly has the better bread, though theyre hella cheap with filling that thing up. my tho puts ground peanuts in theirs which i like and on some occasions, the sawtooth cilantro.