Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Ventura Digging, whats good?

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Im going up to visit my sister today with a bit of extra time and cash. Anybody got any interesting spots up here... I feel like there could be records close but just don't know where to look everytime im up there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks thanks thanks.

Comments

• prob too late to hit these up, but next time you're around there, all the ill spots are around Oxnard Blvd. Mission Bargain Thrift Store, Retarded Citizens Thrift (although i think they changed the name to ARC), and Super Thrift are all within a 2 block radius of each other. I picked up my Dyke and the Blazers 45s at the Retarded spot (haha), and Mission Bargain always seems to have heat, although sometimes they price kinda ridiculously, as if someone's lookin that shit up on eBay. Lots of thrift stores in Ventura, but not always as consistent as Oxnard.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    visiting the place of my birth last year, I went obvious hackmode and took a HILARIOUS_PIC of that "retarded" store sign.

funny.

will be back soon, good to know there's something record-related to look at...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    prob too late to hit these up, but next time you're around there, all the ill spots are around Oxnard Blvd. Mission Bargain Thrift Store, Retarded Citizens Thrift (although i think they changed the name to ARC), and Super Thrift are all within a 2 block radius of each other. I picked up my Dyke and the Blazers 45s at the Retarded spot (haha), and Mission Bargain always seems to have heat, although sometimes they price kinda ridiculously, as if someone's lookin that shit up on eBay. Lots of thrift stores in Ventura, but not always as consistent as Oxnard.

Curious what qualifies as "heat"?

• I found a place on thousand oaks blvd that was off the hook today... I found some real ill shit.

• Call the old record dude at American Pie in Ventura, go dig through his stacks, marvel at the ridiculously high prices ("Whoa... this is Northern Soul. It's gonna be expensive. Lemme get the book out."), listen on your portable, then find the records you like on the web for cheaper.

• I found a place on thousand oaks blvd that was off the hook today... I found some real ill shit.

hah care to share that spot with the rest of the class?

and by heat i mean generally that souljazzfunkraer type stuff...

good to know i'm not the only former 805er on here

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Call the old record dude at American Pie in Ventura, go dig through his stacks, marvel at the ridiculously high prices ("Whoa... this is Northern Soul. It's gonna be expensive. Lemme get the book out."), listen on your portable, then find the records you like on the web for cheaper.

Same American Pie that used to be in Santa Barbara? If so that place is one of the most pathetic shops I've ever been to.

• dextahdextah 77 Posts
    grady's in ventura is cool, but has definetly been picked over....

• PEACOCKS RECORDBAR
    333 W. 4TH ST., OXNARD, CA 93030 (805) 486-5521
    www.myspace.com/peacocksrecordbar805

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    I found a place on thousand oaks blvd that was off the hook today... I found some real ill shit.