Bill Evans vs Enya

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Sitting here listening to Bill Evans 'Waltz for Debbie' and my co-worker comes in tells me it sounds like Enya. I'm actually pretty offended because my whole look is anti-Enya.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    When i was a record store clerk a woman came in wanting an Enya CD and asked for 'Enus'.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Slap them.

• Sitting here listening to Bill Evans 'Waltz for Debbie' and my co-worker comes in tells me it sounds like Enya. I'm actually pretty offended because my whole look is anti-Enya.

Most people are operating at a level of musical comprehension where everything in a certain dynamic range sounds the same to them. I've seen this with perceptions about jazz, classical, new age etc.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Sitting here listening to Bill Evans 'Waltz for Debbie' and my co-worker comes in tells me it sounds like Enya. I'm actually pretty offended because my whole look is anti-Enya.

Most people are operating at a level of musical comprehension where everything in a certain dynamic range sounds the same to them. I've seen this with perceptions about jazz, classical, new age etc.

That's exactly it.

Another example, is one time I was listening to later period Coltrane in my office and a co-worker came in and said "I love this kind of music. It's so relaxing."

• Sitting here listening to Bill Evans 'Waltz for Debbie' and my co-worker comes in tells me it sounds like Enya. I'm actually pretty offended because my whole look is anti-Enya.

Tis true. People don't know shit most of the time and I cannot stand Enya but I admit have a secret affection for this tune

purely on some ....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm actually pretty offended because my whole look is anti-Enya.

No, you're mistaken; any objective observer would confirm that you've got mad enya styles.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    her flow is orinoco.