Obama + Stimulus = ?

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
...sorry to break off from my new '09 no holds barred persona for a moment...So far the moves Paulson and Bernanke are making have done squat for the economy as a whole even though they supposedly saved us from a great depression by handing a blank check to AIG, Citi, etc. With little oversight over the bailout we've been treading on some really thin ice. Another 1.3 trillion in debt? I understand the financials are "stabilized" but what next?So in the grand scheme of things will Obama's stimulus move work? Any predictions? Economics heads, please to chime in...http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/09/us/politics/09obamacnd.html?_r=1&hp?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that was the best response
    evar

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    MASS TAX REVOLT ---> HELTER SKELTER

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Ain't gonna do shit. They put us in debt by $100,000 per person with the bail-out, and then the clean-up is to break us each off a few hundred dollars???

But hey, at least we'll all be able to replace our usual professions with repairing roads in the middle of nowhere for $6 an hour.

Way to go, Obama.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    AYO GIMME ANOTHER STIMULUS CHECK!! TRUST ME, IT'LL GO RIGHT BACK IN THE ECONOMY!