Mandrill Outside of Town w/ Booklet?

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Not that its that big of a deal but over all the years ive bought and sold this LP ive never come across the booklet with the musicians photos and stats. have yall seen this before and i just havent been keeping my eyes open or is this something that doesnt pop up? i couldnt find a mention of the booklet on ebay or gemm but then again i only did a quick glance.anyone?

Comments

• I have one copy without the booklet and one with. I should get some photos of it to put up on here, but it's mainly full-page photos of the band members with their names in the Pioneer typeface from the cover. Pretty fresh.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Oh shit--I was just listening to this on the way into work.

MANDRILL ON THE BUS!

IT'S GOING DOWN, DUDES!

MAD FIJI WATER!

OKAY, OKAY--IT WAS A FIJI WATER BOTTLE REFILLED WITH TAP WATER!

BUT STILL!

...IT'S GOING DOWN!

MANDRILL ON THE BUS!

DUDES!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That is really f*cking real sign me up immediately.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    I have one copy without the booklet and one with. I should get some photos of it to put up on here, but it's mainly full-page photos of the band members with their names in the Pioneer typeface from the cover. Pretty fresh.

front looks like this

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    nope. crazy cover with mandrill rocking out on a stage with flames coming out of the drum kit and gogo dancers in cages.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

TOO LATE, DUDE--I'M AT WORK NOW. IT WENT DOWN, THOUGH.

FUTURE GOINGS-DOWN MAY OR MAY NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

- CHAKA ON THE TRAIN

- 1/2 OF ARTHUR VEROCAI IN THE WALGREEN'S

- DONALD FAGEN IN FRONT OF THE MICROWAVE WHILE MY COFFEE REHEATS

- THIS AWFUL MO'WAX SAMPLER ON THE TERLET (WHAT CAN I SAY, MY DUDES--IT WAS A BUCK AND IT'S GOT O.C.'S "DANGEROUS" ON IT [WORD TO MIKE FREEDOMROCK])

I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF THESE EVENTS VIA COPIOUS E-FLYERS WHOSE DUBIOUS DESIGN I WILL FALSELY ATTRIBUTE TO BURLESQUE OF NORTH AMERICA.

MAD COMIC SANS!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    CHAKA ON THE TRAIN

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

TOO LATE, DUDE--I'M AT WORK NOW. IT WENT DOWN, THOUGH.

FUTURE GOINGS-DOWN MAY OR MAY NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

- CHAKA ON THE TRAIN

- 1/2 OF ARTHUR VEROCAI IN THE WALGREEN'S

- DONALD FAGEN IN FRONT OF THE MICROWAVE WHILE MY COFFEE REHEATS

- THIS AWFUL MO'WAX SAMPLER ON THE TERLET (WHAT CAN I SAY, MY DUDES--IT WAS A BUCK AND IT'S GOT O.C.'S "DANGEROUS" ON IT [WORD TO MIKE FREEDOMROCK])

I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF THESE EVENTS VIA COPIOUS E-FLYERS WHOSE DUBIOUS DESIGN I WILL FALSELY ATTRIBUTE TO BURLESQUE OF NORTH AMERICA.

MAD COMIC SANS!

EPIK AS FUK

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I have one copy without the booklet and one with. I should get some photos of it to put up on here, but it's mainly full-page photos of the band members with their names in the Pioneer typeface from the cover.

a/k/a the "Wattstax" font

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i have the book. do we really need to see it?

Not that its that big of a deal but over all the years ive bought and sold this LP ive never come across the booklet with the musicians photos and stats.

have yall seen this before and i just havent been keeping my eyes open or is this something that doesnt pop up? i couldnt find a mention of the booklet on ebay or gemm but then again i only did a quick glance.

anyone?

strangely I read this poat this morning and just got a hammered LP but the booklet is fine, I'll mail it to you Justin

-M

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

yes.. keep your eyes closed and that way it wont hurt you

• on a kinda related note i found a copy of War "why cant we be friends" with a poster. Never seen it before and have found a lot of copies of that record

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    ive picked this record up i think 4-5 times in the last few years, and i believe all but a UK import copy had the booklet. which i thought was more of a fold out poster type dealie? it got to the point where i gave 2 copies away because i assumed the poster was no big deal. but i dunno, they FELT special to me!

yes.. keep your eyes closed and that way it wont hurt you

Send me your address Justin, I'll send you the booklet!