i'm putting Frank ON BLAST

selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
wtf he has a radio show now? http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/RFhow did i miss this memo? why do the people with serrato parties in tulsa poast daily updatesbut all the really interesting folks are super humble?

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Is there another radio station on the planet with as much quality content as WFMU? Should stand as a model to others.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i have often said that if i ever get that halliburton/facebook ipo/djukic money i will buy them a giant weather dominator transmitter so they can wipe wfuv off the map and get real reception everywhere.

oh and the record fair they do is just icing on the cake.

• Is there another radio station on the planet with as much quality content as WFMU? Should stand as a model to others.

WWOZ New Orleans

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Is there another radio station on the planet with as much quality content as WFMU? Should stand as a model to others.

KCRW, but it can be rockist/LA yuppified at times...Garth Trinidad holds it down tho.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    Garth Trinidad holds it down tho.

i had to look him up to see if that was real. sounds like the other half of an SNL buddy movie with Ras Trent.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Nah he's been at it for years playing R&B, soul, funk, jazz....mostly contemporary stuff but he reaches back too. Jason Bentley moved into the morning spot so it's a little techno-fied now (vs the Rockism of Nic Harcourt).

To be honest anyone who holds it down at KCRW is pretty dedicated, considering they operate on donations. I can't say there's another station like them in SoCal....

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

wtf he has a radio show now? http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/RF
    how did i miss this memo?

Oooh, it's also available as a podcast! Super, super awesome.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Only two Radio Freetowns left? It was great while it lasted, thanks Frank.

Oh, by the way, here's a Radio Freetown Review.

• why do the people with serrato parties in tulsa poast daily updates

With all due respect, the hollerboard has been slow lately. So I doubt it's been DAILY.

• My favourite podcast right now.. fantastic stuff!

• KCRW is the shit.... respect to Jeremy Sole doing Branches wednesday nights 12-3am

But man... ima check Frank's shit out... in all reality... i really wanna hook Frank and Jeremy Sole up sometime.... two legends in the african music game for sure.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Thanx for all the kind words.
    Unfortunatelly, I'm already going to discontinue the show from Fe. 9th on. Too many things lined up outside of NYC to keep doing a weekly night but I'm probably going to do some specials on an irregular basis.

Uncon,
    I actually met Jeremy last November, super nice guy!