FINDS*digging*FINDS*shopping*FINDS*trading*FINDS

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
This shit goes back before Christmas.Set sales, stores, trades, eBay, thrifts - even Christmas gifts:Shouldn't really floss the shaggy dog raer - shit is VG minus few long-time wants here ... Jeff Monn was a cheap bay score, Barrington Levya behind-the-counter trade, Tempests was a great deal, and Crash St. Kids is mynew favorite record of all time.That Pied Pipers is But don't take my word for it:

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That garage shit is sick!!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I love that Green record on Atco.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Nice

That Pied Pipers is great........$100 - $150.....last copy I saw for sale was hypeing the flip as the "A" side.......they were obviously wrong.

• what's the deal with that fabulous wunz 45, never heard of it but it looks as though it was pressed here at kay bank

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Nice

That Pied Pipers is great........$100 - $150.....last copy I saw for sale was hypeing the flip as the "A" side.......they were obviously wrong.

yeah, that was RBM. I think he had clips of both sides in the auction?

his copy was VG. except for the poorly centered label, this one is CLEAN!

the Sam & Dave cover is nice, but can't touch the side I posted.

got it for a nice price, especially since I traded in some 45's for 1/2 the cost.

what's the deal with that fabulous wunz 45, never heard of it but it looks as though it was pressed here at kay bank

Very bare-bones label, no info, but both sides are moody jangle garage tunes.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

That Pied Pipers is

But don't take my word for it:

DOPE.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    cool stuff, what's the deal with the coloring of the Jan Bradley label?

Don't know the deal, but I have a couple of those Chess labels. I think they
    may just be from a short time period? Regardless, I love that label design.
    And that track rules, Mayfield-penned girl stuff with latin rhythms? Yes plaese.

• I went digging while on vacation, cause you know, its an addiction. Hit up my man's house out in Cupey, Tito Trinidad's hometown. Took only a few pictures, he's got a lot of records.

Some of the LPs

Some of the 45s

I hit up a few other spots, this is the culmination of three days of digging.

Very few rock records. The MD???s were a new wave/punk band of Med students releasing stress, pretty good, if a bit cheesy.

You can't really see it but that's a young Willie Rosario playing Timbales on Johnnie Segui.

First Johnny "El Bravo" Lopez recording on Seeco

The Chacon Boogaloo cover is pretty hurt but the record is nice, needs a little cleaning. Tito Puente's Mamborama is the first LP on Tico #1001!

Feels good to scratch off some long time wants

Joe Quijano and Ray Rodriguez are a little beat but they were free! Tony Pabon record is half salsa, half disco.

Some Cuba and SA joints

Filling some holes in the collection

Found 4 stock copies but still can???t find the LP

A few of these

Tommy Olivencia on Tioly! Check the song credit!

I need to learn how to take pictures of 45s. These are New Swing Sextet, Orchestra Harlow, Ray Rodriguez, and La Orquesta Boogaloo

Don't know the deal, but I have a couple of those Chess labels. I think they
    may just be from a short time period? Regardless, I love that label design.
    And that track rules, Mayfield-penned girl stuff with latin rhythms? Yes plaese.
    Yes, it's a great track. I have a bunch of 45s on the colorful version of the label design, but I haven't seen that gold/white variation before.

• I went digging while on vacation, cause you know, its an addiction. Hit up my man's house out in Cupey, Tito Trinidad's hometown. Took only a few pictures, he's got a lot of records.
    Some of the 45s

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

That Pied Pipers is

DOPE.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

That Pied Pipers is

DOPE.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    The one, GBH needs to hear this

• Hey I work with the singer of Cannibus Corpse! Never thought I'd see that pop up on the Strut!

Hey I work with the singer of Cannibus Corpse! Never thought I'd see that pop up on the Strut!

haha - tell him I said that record RULES!

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    what's the deal with that fabulous wunz 45, never heard of it but it looks as though it was pressed here at kay bank

I'm pretty sure that Pyramid label is from Western NC, in or near Charlotte. Shit ton of records, some but not many are good.

• Hey I work with the singer of Cannibus Corpse! Never thought I'd see that pop up on the Strut!

haha - tell him I said that record RULES!

SOI, He was stoked to see that!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Cannibal Corpse?

i worked in a record store in the 90s, remember this motherfucking Celine Dion album:

that thing was all we sold one xmas, it was a bullshit top 40 store and the masses were queing up to buy that piece of shit album.

Me and one of the other clerks spent a whole night pulling cones and colour photocopying Cannibal Corpse album art, cutting them out and slipping them into EVERY SINGLE Celine Dion CD booklet.

shit was hilarious, the week after xmas was a parade of angry assholes whose mother-in-law's almost had a coronary because of us.

Cannibal Corpse FUCKIN RULE.

wrong band, I had to go re-check the picture too.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I went digging while on vacation, cause you know, its an addiction. Hit up my man's house out in Cupey, Tito Trinidad's hometown. Took only a few pictures, he's got a lot of records.
    Some of the 45s

yea boy!