Prospect One, New Orleans (Art, NOLA related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Just heard about this Harry Shearer's Le Show, he interviewed the curator/founder.http://www.prospectneworleans.org/Looks dope, anyone in NOLA going to check this out?-M

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, heard the same show. Looks like LA's Mark Bradford has been a big part of it.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SECRET LE SHOW FANS POAST HERE!

• www.artfagcity.com has a nice write up, and photo essay I've been following...

• I've probably had a chance to check out about half of it so far. I've spent a few sundays since it started at the beginning of November hitting one neighborhood's venues at a time. It's spread out all over the city - makes for a really good time spending a whole day biking through across the city to different exhibits.

The art itself is really hit or miss though, imo. I haven't seen that much that blew me away. It's more about the overall experience though than about any specific pieces. And definitely a large part of that has been an emphasis on incorporating the city itself as part of that experience.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    Dan Cameron is real big art world dude. definitely one who could pull something like this off.
    great idea and i hope it gets more visitors to N.O.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    SECRET LE SHOW FANS POAST HERE!

It used to be part of my routine in Los Angeles, especially in those years when I didn't have cable. I download a podcast every now and then for trips, but I have mostly fallen off.

JOE FRANK FANS POAST HERE!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

JOE FRANK FANS POAST HERE!

OH SHIT!!!!!!!
    DUDE WAS THA SHIT BITD
    HE STILL AROUND?