Weird USPS shit

breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I shipped a few 45's to some dude in UK via standard First Class. Before the packages are sent, I usually copy down the custom form # or scan the custom form -- I know that it's not really tracking, but it's at least gives me an idea of what's going on with the package. Anyways, the guy filed a claim against me... So, when I go to run the custom form # to make sure it was sent out, the track & confirm at USPS is telling me:"We attempted to deliver your item at 1:35 pm on September 23, 2008 in COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80923 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. "The problem is that I sent the record in beginning of December and it went to UK. This also happens when I try and track the other package I sent on the same day to Japan. Again --"Your item was delivered at 11:17 am on October 04, 2008 in KILLEEN, TX 76549."I can't even prove that I sent it out.Anyone experience something like this?

Comments

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    I don't think you can track packages with customs form information.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    They can be tracked via the customs label if they are sent express. Otherwise, it's just one in a hundred that ever shows delivered. They usually only show the day it was sent.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It sounds like maybe you are getting the info on domestic tracking numbers that just so happen to match the numbers on your customs forms.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Customs forms are letters and #s, dc is just #'s. Sounds like you are typing in just the #.