The Go-Go Icon In Person@Memory Lane

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2005 in Announcements
Come out and hang with the GODFATHER OF GO-GO[/b] himself. Chuck is very gracious about signing autographs, so when he's autographing your CD, slip in your "Salt of the Earth", "We the People", "Bustin Loose" or any cherished 12" album. He'll gladly autograph those also. Don't forget to speak with ya co-exec DC Digga while in house. Haven't seen too many of the regular DC heads in a while, but hey, ya man's been busy. *Special Thanks to Birdman for the graphics. Hope I didn't bug you too much*

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    No bother here, man!
    I hope the DC crew can make it out there(I will be working that eve, unfortunately)....I will be there in spirit. Say hi to a living legend for a brother!

• What's up "DCDigga", this is Kevin. I'm gonna try to swing by if my schedule permits....haven't been round your way in a while.

Heard Chuck on Donnie Simpson this morning, plugging his new CD! He was saying it goes all the way back, We the People, Blow Your Whistle, Bustin' Loose and on into the Go Go heyday. Sounds like a great event, M!

• Dope! Hopefully I'll be in town!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Kraaaaaaaaaaawler!!!!!! What's up man! Definately try to make it through. Bring as many of your VA diggin' crew wit ya if you can.

Just a quick bump to remind all in DC, MD, VA and any visitors to the area to come check out the Go-Go legend at my spot on Saturday. The CD came out Tuesday and is already receiving some great press. If you ain't got it, get it and let the Godfather scribble something special for you. [/b]

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Excellent.

So how was it?

Any Strutters make it out?

• I got caught up in some other stuff and couldn't make it, sorry guys

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i didn't make it out to memory lane, but i did catch him earlier at tower. chuck was a super friendly guy. i was a little dissapointed with the turn out (then again we are talking foggy bottom) - there was a moderate crowd but a way larger number of disinterested passer bys (you think heads would bat a damn eyelid if they were in tower and anyone was signing autographs, but no).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    and older white women love them some chuck brown.

I know I'm updating this a little late, but Chuck's visit to Memory Lane went very well. Had a great turnout, almost a full store. Had extra pub w/WPGC in store w/Chuck also. noz, I wish I had a scanner to put up my signed records also. "We the People", "Salt of the Earth, & "Live @ Crystal Skate" have his signature all over them. I'll throw a picture up soon also.

Bird, I wish you were there. One girl showed up that could've been Serena's twin. She almost made me miss Chuck signing my records.

*Cue Trillville's "Some Cut" playing as theme music for this fond memory*

Bird, I wish you were there. One girl showed up that could've been Serena's twin. She almost made me miss Chuck signing my records.

Yer KILLIN' me!!