New Years Eve RANTING

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I saw empanadamn had a nice little fiasco... Mine went a little different. One of the 4 hosts of the party I was djing accidentally unplug one of the speakers then immediately plugged it back in causing a blown fuse in my speakers.. No back up fuse.. ad about 30 minutes of silence aside form base from my sub... at 11:45 got back on line with the shitty house system.. UGH!!!! atleast we had music for the rest of the night. THings could have been a lot worse.

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I had something similar happen to me last year...it was so annoying and made me hate people who go to bars for a long time.

kinda like last night

Am I just getting old, or is the whole schtick (going out, getting dressed up, spending $$,etc) getting old?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    S**t just gets tiresome. I'm all about friends coming over and doing the whole "entertaining" them gig. F**k going out, I'm glad I'm getting old..It happens. Plus all that money that contributes nothing for you but a hangover the next day..wack!!!

I'm glad those days are over.

On another note,I don't know about ya'll but I'm taking the day off during the Inauguration..But I guess that's a different thread.I can't miss that.

• Its a double edge sword actually. I hate the people that "go out" often. But I do like to rock a party. I had every intention of doing so last night but that shit just killed it. I am getting in that entertaining phase as well, but sometimes its just fun to go out and get silly.

• Last NYE was so amazingly good, I consider the bar permanently raised too high to ever put any serious effort into going out. It IS basically the most overrated night of the year, better not to approach it with too high expectations and just... you know... have fun I guess.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Am I just getting old, or is the whole schtick (going out, getting dressed up, spending $$,etc) getting old?

I feel that way. I don't know if it's because I'm old or just married, but going out in general is an overrated experience. It might because I'm not a drinker, either.

At any rate, the last two NYE's have been spent with friends at the home of one of their other friends. That shit is ideal to me now. You get out, get to meet some new people and not have to go downtown, spend loot, and deal with the bullshit. Last night, we spent $20 on some liquor to bring to the party and that was it. Shit was under control, a couple girls made out with each other, it was all good.

Although I was up till about 5am that night/morning and I'm still feeling it. Can't do that like I used to.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Last year, the lady and I stayed in. This year, some friends and I talked to a bar that usually sees no New Year's ction and asked if we could take it over. The bar was stoked because they saw a lot of business. We were happy to be in a spot with only all our friends, our music, no cover, cheap drinks, wii bowling, shufflebaord, pool, open kitchen, etc. It was one of the better nights I've had in a long time. Highly recommended.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    what bar was that?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Downtown Johnny Brown's in the Civic Center Plaza. I never even knew it existed.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Sayyyy... I used to go there for lunch. I recall they had pretty good burgers....