deejay dudes: what to play tmrw night @ 12:00

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Yah means?Even though it's from '06 I thinking touch the sky because of the Obama victory, maybe "Good Life" because that shit is still the f*cking joint.What are you guys dropping?

Comments

• P, there are about 3 other threads on this subject. I think with differing answers.

If you play touch the sky you should really do an edit of it for that night. Take Leon from curb your enthusiasm saying "Barack Obama Motherfucker!" and put it on top. That would be hot and people would probably be excited about that.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I replied in another thread but I'm planning on dropping Geto Boys "Damn it Feels Good to be a..." I've mapped out a focused playlist, hope I don't get to drunk.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    why would you not play "It's a New Day"... understandable smooth shit that murderers move with.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Am I trippin or was I just about to reply to a DeeRock post in this thread?

• You foolios will probably give me shit, but I'ma go with "Paper Planes." That intro/build-up always works really well and I think it'll be perfect to hype everybody after all the hugs and kisses.

Speaking of which...

Single dudes & ladies: Who to kiss tomorrow night at 12:00??

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Everyone's City and Party will be different in terms of music played, crowd etc. Here is a little something me and my homie made. This won't work for a lot of parties and may not work for YOURS?

However, the spot I'm gonna be at is about to get shut down with this one. If you can use it and it will work for you then feel free to have at it.

• that shit is hot. but i'm doing a jam with bugz in the attic, so i'mma go with something along those lines. I'm thinking "hot music"

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    That's what I'm saying it really depends on what type of club/party your doing. I will be at a large commercial hip hop club at midnight. Then doing Ne-Yo's after party at 2AM.

• FATMAN SCOOP.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    What I played out on the eve of New Year's Eve...

Set1:
    Tuff Crew ??? Going the Distance
    Rappin??? 4-Tay ??? This Is What I Know
    UGK ??? Pinky Ring
    Big Mello ??? Sucker Free
    San Quinn ??? Hell Yeah
    Twisted Black ??? Fool With It
    Juvenile ??? What???s Happenin???
    Set2:
    Mistah FAB ??? Super Sick Wid It
    Cypress Hill ??? The Phuncky Feel One
    2Pac ??? Still Ballin???
    EPMD ??? Crossover
    Crooklyn Dodgers ??? Crooklyn
    Partners N Crime ??? She???s Giving Me Love
    MC Lyte ??? Lyte as a Rock (house mix)

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Yah means?

Even though it's from '06 I thinking touch the sky because of the Obama victory, maybe "Good Life" because that shit is still the f*cking joint.

What are you guys dropping?

I know you probably meant Kanye's "Good Life", but I'm starting to think Inner City's "Good Life".

I am playing for the 30+ crowd, so this might go over well. Shit, maybe I'll play both the Kanye and Inner City joints back to back.

• pop bottles
    whatever you like
    paper planes or swagger like this (both?)
    party like its 1999 (re-edit to say 2009??)
    all tomorrows parties (for the hipster set)

that stupid NYE song "all acquaintances" whatever the f*ck...

• New Year's Day, of course

• all tomorrows parties (for the hipster set)

heh, clever. i would be very happy if i heard that out.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm starting to think Inner City's "Good Life".

I am playing for the 30+ crowd, so this might go over well. Shit, maybe I'll play both the Kanye and Inner City joints back to back.

No offense but that song is a little too "smooth" imo for a new year's eve highlight. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song and I some times play it. I just think it doesn't have the kind of "explosive" qualities you might want to bring to the club at 12 on New Years.

party like its 1999 (re-edit to say 2009??)

This sounds like it might be interesting...

*AHEM* I think you mean...

Partners N Crime & Ms. Tee - Why you actin funny?

Signed,

your local Bounce snob.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Signed,

your local Bounce snob.

Is that it? I don't have the record in front of me...but it's just an edit of the ending of another song (off of a 12"...gold label), with just singing and a basic bounce beat, and no woman on it.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I'm starting to think Inner City's "Good Life".

No offense but that song is a little too "smooth" imo for a new year's eve highlight. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song and I some times play it. I just think it doesn't have the kind of "explosive" qualities you might want to bring to the club at 12 on New Years.

You know I was a little worried about that. Maybe Kanye into Inner City? uggghhh, i stress over this shit every year, and i usually make my final choice at like 11:59.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    all tomorrows parties (for the hipster set)

Are you guys talking about the Nico tune?

Maybe you are giving hipsters too much credit (I think they won't know it), or maybe I just don't know what your parties are like (I'm hoping this is the case), but I think people will slit their wrists if that comes out of the speakers at midnight on NYE.

Signed,

your local Bounce snob.

Is that it? I don't have the record in front of me...but it's just an edit of the ending of another song (off of a 12"...gold label), with just singing and a basic bounce beat, and no woman on it.

I never heard an all male version. I shall refer to the Bounce gods for infos. I would think that the chorus should remain the same though because the quote "Why you actin funny?" is sung by Ms. Tee. Those words are never spoken by any of the male parts .

Female:
    "Tell me, why you actin funny?
    with all ya money..."
    Male:
    "Why you actin bad?
    with your ***** cat..."

Then it goes into the, "She's giving me loooooove, oh loooooove..." refrain.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    American Boy or Paper Planes, both tracks have worked all year.

• all tomorrows parties (for the hipster set)

Are you guys talking about the Nico tune?

Maybe you are giving hipsters too much credit (I think they won't know it), or maybe I just don't know what your parties are like (I'm hoping this is the case), but I think people will slit their wrists if that comes out of the speakers at midnight on NYE.

ha yeah, i think most folks in the clurb would want to slit their wrists. it is a total downer song. i personally would appreciate hearing it out though but mainly for the surprise factor and i really love that song

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    auld sange lyne and then "JUMP AROUND!"

seriously.

• Black on White Affair - Auld Lang Syne is probably what I'm doing. Going into Jump Around sounds like a great idea.

If the snow fucks up turnout, I'm going with 1 800 Suicide.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I wish I was playing the kind of party where I could drop Jaqueline Dee & Johnnie Walker's "Farewell To Welfare"! Maybe next year we'll organize NYE with Foreal People or something.

• Maybe the Obama Ron Brownz version

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

• AHHAAH! RICK ROLL 2009!! That would be hella funny.

• Black on White Affair - Auld Lang Syne is probably what I'm doing.

I have this but its al blown out when I enter it into Microwave//... anyone have a microwave friendly copy????