Eddie Bo Annotated Discography now live

2»

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    ahhhh well spotted, wonder how many more typos there are!

thats cool, just break me off a copy of 'showdown' and we'll call it even.

...you dont have another copy of 'showdown' do you?

• RE: showdown: i dont own it myself yet, very elusive 45! I do have a big pile of dollars accumulating dust if anyone has a spare.

little buck was also the singer on huey smiths tough funk monster "you got too" on instant which is as good as any ??500 funk rarity.

somewhere there is a second copy of mine lost in the US/UK postal system - so get digging down your local postal depot!

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    hey martin

it's B from VP45....

stop posting & get on with the mix

is it going to be an Eddie Bo special??

on a different note some of cullinarily(?) challenged strutters like myself should check out the 'Soul Food' pages on the site, i got serious brownie points for those bourbon chops & dirty rice

• little buck was also the singer on huey smiths tough funk monster "you got too" on instant which is as good as any ??500 funk rarity.

I lost out on a copy of that one a while back. A killer indeed...

• REVISIONS:

loads of new scans and productions added. BUT!!!!

Eddie has confirmed that:

The Triple Souls were part of Toussaints roster, they recorded and performed with him and Bo regularly.

James Black did not play on Lover & A Friend, it was as I stated Bobby Williams. (my words - Bo didn't work with Black until Scram - he was Al's house drummer)

CINDERELLA and RIDGE-WAY were both Eddie's label.

woooooweeeee

• REVISIONS:

loads of new scans and productions added. BUT!!!!

Eddie has confirmed that:

The Triple Souls were part of Toussaints roster, they recorded and performed with him and Bo regularly.

James Black did not play on Lover & A Friend, it was as I stated Bobby Williams. (my words - Bo didn't work with Black until Scram - he was Al's house drummer)

CINDERELLA and RIDGE-WAY were both Eddie's label.

woooooweeeee

That's interesting about Cinderella. I have Bo and Art Neville 45s on the label, and just picked up one with Willie Tee on one side and Harold Battiste on the other.

• i was chatting to someone about the cinderella label who also has a few on there and he as do i think the art nevilles and gatemouth may be a different label? strange to have 2 of the same name out of the same city, but it sounds like there is quite a bit of difference in years between the two groups of 45's. plus the designs are different and there is no address on the non bo related ones.

• i was chatting to someone about the cinderella label who also has a few on there and he as do i think the art nevilles and gatemouth may be a different label? strange to have 2 of the same name out of the same city, but it sounds like there is quite a bit of difference in years between the two groups of 45's. plus the designs are different and there is no address on the non bo related ones.

Martin

I don't know what 45s you're looking at but the Neville's and the Willie Tee/Harold Battiste are the exact same label design as the Bo's (the Neville's I have are white label, but same font etc.). They all sound early to mid-60's was well.

I'll try to get you some scans this week.

Larry

PS Here's a scan of my copy of 'Shake Rock and Soul'. Note the lack of address.

• send scans!!!!

• send scans!!!!

Check your e-mail.