Eddie Bo Annotated Discography now live

soulgenerationsoulgeneration 14 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Hi I have done a eddie bo annotated discography for my site, you can view it here:www.soulgeneration.co.ukthanks martin

Comments

• parenparen 537 Posts
    nice.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    nice.

No. FUCKING AMAZING.

Great work M*rtin.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    wow, thanks for the link

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Wow. Mindblowing.

I have a question. We all know Tuff City owns the masters. Does he own ALL of Eddie Bo's masters, or just the tracks Aaron Fuchs considers worthy for hip-hop and funk collectors?

I know some masters were destroyed. What else exists, and what condition are they in? I'm sure for a lot of Bo's records, the only thing that exists would be the 45. But just curious for those of you who do reissues or license masters, what have been your experience in dealing with Bo masters.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Hi I have done a eddie bo annotated discography for my site, you can view it here:
    www.soulgeneration.co.uk

thanks martin

Hello. Know what? I love you. If you swing by Chicago, drinks are on me.

Just ask for "Chris Carnahan."

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Outstanding.

• thanks!

some more label scans will go up today when i shake off my hangover.

• Martin
    Well done![/b]
    I've been awaiting this eagerly for a while. I posted an announcement on my blog with links to the front page of SoulGeneration as well as a direct link to the discography.
    Larry

PS Now I have to track down some of those records...

• well, thankyou for your scans larry!
    cheers mate, i hope it lived up to your expectation!

got a few in the post that I will review when they arrive.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Reeediculous. Well done. I've always wanted to hear Jockey Ride. Any chance of a sound clip?

DJ Ferrari

• nope!
    but i am going to be doing a radio show for a uk site i think it will be posted at milkaudio so i will play it on there, not sure when it will go live - have to actually do it first.

thanks

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    nope!
    but i am going to be doing a radio show for a uk site i think it will be posted at milkaudio so i will play it on there, not sure when it will go live - have to actually do it first.

thanks

Right on! Thanks man and keep up the good work.

DJ Ferrari

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Hi I have done a eddie bo annotated discography for my site, you can view it here:
    www.soulgeneration.co.uk

thanks martin

Don't forget this:

and this:

Both are on BoSound.

• i will get round to all his LPs at a later date.
    but thanks for thinking to remind me.

• chrischris 287 Posts

?????

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

?????

I was going to type "Robert Zilla," but the last name is MAD suspect.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    SIDENOTE: M*rtin also posted this notice at Funk45. Just for fun and for the benefit of those who pooh-pooh Soulstrut as a haven for mean-spirited and generally clueless minor-league record collectors, let's look at the statistics:

SOULSTRUT RESPONSES TO INITIAL POST: 12
    FUNK45 RESPONSES TO INITIAL POST: 6

SOULSTRUT OFFERS OF FREE BEER TO M*RTIN - 1
    FUNK45 OFFERS OF FREE BEER TO M*RTIN - 0

SOULSTRUT MEMBER INFO ADDITIONS - 2 album titles plus scans and label of release
    FUNK45 MEMBER INFO ADDITIONS: "You missed a few."

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

That guy looks a bit like Kanetic Source.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    www.soulgeneration.co.uk

thanks martin

Don't forget this:

and this:

Both are on BoSound.

i met a girl in new orleans with both of those. i traded her an unrelated record for demon fuzz.

nice discography buddy!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    www.soulgeneration.co.uk

thanks martin

Don't forget this:

and this:

Both are on BoSound.

i met a girl in new orleans with both of those. i traded her an unrelated record for demon fuzz.

nice discography buddy!

Does anyone have a tracklisting for The Other Side?

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    SIDENOTE: M*rtin also posted this notice at Funk45. Just for fun and for the benefit of those who pooh-pooh Soulstrut as a haven for mean-spirited and generally clueless minor-league record collectors, let's look at the statistics:

SOULSTRUT RESPONSES TO INITIAL POST: 12
    FUNK45 RESPONSES TO INITIAL POST: 6

SOULSTRUT OFFERS OF FREE BEER TO M*RTIN - 1
    FUNK45 OFFERS OF FREE BEER TO M*RTIN - 0

SOULSTRUT MEMBER INFO ADDITIONS - 2 album titles plus scans and label of release
    FUNK45 MEMBER INFO ADDITIONS: "You missed a few."

I take it you missed the funk45 jump off, Marco?

• just added a bunch more to the ron and ric pages and added 3 more labels to the gallery - they keep turning up!!!!!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    There is a 45 that has the "Lover and a Friend" beat with a different vocal track laid over it. Do you which 45 that is? I saw it sell on ebay a while back but forgot to take note of it and can't remember which one it was now.

thanks,
    -billb

• There is a 45 that has the "Lover and a Friend" beat with a different vocal track laid over it. Do you which 45 that is? I saw it sell on ebay a while back but forgot to take note of it and can't remember which one it was now.

thanks,
    -billb

Little Buck - Little Boy Blue on Seven B

• yep that's him, he also sang "Through Foolin' Around With You" by Shindig Smith (Huey Smith) on Pittar Pat and Coo Coo Over You by The Hueys on INSTANT.

amazing voice.

Little Buck - Little Boy Blue on Seven B

thanks.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

Eddie Bo "Showtime" / "Good Enough To Keep" BO-SOUND 1555/56

I could be wrong, but I believe that the proper title is: 'Showdown' not 'Showtime'.

• ahhhh well spotted, wonder how many more typos there are!