Google Chrome

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I ride.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chromium for linux. I ride as well.

• Buggy. I'll stick with Firefox until Chrome at least supports add-ons.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    So I just started using Chrome (pretty much just so I could start seeing all the youtube clips posted on here, since half of them won't show up in IE) and while some elements of it are much faster and overall it is decent, I find pages timing out for no reason fairly often and some pages just run like shit.

Anyway, the reason for my post is, the thing that drives me NUTS about Chrome is this business of waiting to download a whole file before playing it - like, if I click on a link that is a streaming MP3, whereas in IE it would just open WMP immediately and start playing - even before fully downloaded - Chrome opens up a little box at the bottom of the screen and makes me wait until it downloads the whole file and then I have to click to play it. This includes WMV files too, and honestly, the download time for an MP3 is significantly slower than IE ... if I click on an MP3 I have to wait a good 30 seconds+ for it to dl, then click to listen to it ... on IE I would have been listening in 3 seconds.

Does anyone have any advice on how to streamline this process??