OOF usages

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
from wikipedia:* As slang usage in parts of Southern California, to oof means to be carefree and be playful. * As slang usage in parts of Central California, originating in Stockton, California, to oof means to go get stoned. * As slang usage in parts of Hawaii, to oof means to have sexual intercourse. * In some corporate offices, OOF is an abbreviation for Out of Office. Originally used by universities standing for Out of Faculty. * At Microsoft, OOF is an abbreviation of "Out of Facility", originating in their original Xenix mail system. * As slang usage in parts of northern England 'oof' can also mean 'out' as in fadge oof. * It can also be an onomatopoeia for someone getting the wind knocked out of them. * As someone dumb. * Abbreviation For Out Of Focus in photography.

Comments

• * As slang usage in parts of Hawaii, to oof means to have sexual intercourse.

Samoan in origin, coming from the word "ufa". When the word became prominent, then people were more comfortable in saying "ooh baby, I wen go 7-Eleven fo go buy you one mint chocolate chip Big Wheel, and I like tell you somet'ing that been bodda me long time: YOU LIKE UF OR WOT?"

As is customary, do not think "ufa" or "kefe" or look at a Samoan guys sister with the expression of "you like uf or wot?"