Philly Crazy for Brad Pitt (wtf-r)

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Sure, some guy here in LA dressed up like Santa and killed a houseful of people, but at least he had a divorce as an excuse. Meanwhile in Philly...http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_upd...ring_movie.htmlPhila. man shot because family talked during movieBy Barbara BoyerINQUIRER STAFF WRITERA South Philadelphia man enraged because a father and son were talking during a Christmas showing of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button took care of the situation when he pulled a .380-caliber gun and shot the father, police said.James Joseph Cialella Jr., 29, of the 1900 block of Hollywood Street is charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, and weapons violations."It's truly frightening when you see something like this evolve into such violence," said police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore.Police were called to the Riverview Theatre in the 1400 block of Columbus Boulevard about 9:30 p.m. where the gunshot victim, a Philadelphia man who was not identified, told police a man sitting near him told his family to be quiet and threw popcorn at his son.After exchanging words, Vanore said Cialella allegedly got out of his seat to confront the family when the father got up to protect them. That's when the victim was shot once in the left arm, sending others in the theatre running to safety.Cialella then sat down to watch the movie. Police arrived a short time later and arrested Cialella and confiscated his weapon, Vanore said.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    w t f ...

I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot more crazy shit happen this year.

• Cialella then sat down to watch the movie.

I once saw a movie in that same theater and this middle age high school football coach was sitting behind us with what looked like the defensive line of his team. He answered his cell phone 4 times and spent a good 3rd of the movie talking on the phone. I didn't say shit.

I take this as either just straight up insanity or dude sitting down with the reality of his future. He probably realized he's in some serious shit, so he sat there and waited for them to get him. Might as well watch the rest of the movie. Honestly, I'm glad the dude sat and watched the movie and didn't get up and do more dumb shit.

• Our car was stolen from that movie theater's lot.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I saw Roll Bounce at that theater.

Glad I made it out alive.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Cialella then sat down to watch the movie.

I take this as either just straight up insanity or dude sitting down with the reality of his future. He probably realized he's in some serious shit, so he sat there and waited for them to get him. Might as well watch the rest of the movie. Honestly, I'm glad the dude sat and watched the movie and didn't get up and do more dumb shit.

Except, he might have actually gotten away if he tried. So I'm going with "crazy"