Disco by non-disco artists?

124»

Comments

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    Chic were able to get Karlie Kloss to roll around with a bunch of records in their latest video
    RAJ

• Didn't know this Bow Bow Wow number until last year when I picked it up for the flip side (c-30 c60 c90) :

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    No mention of this!??

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Vitamin said:

Low Down--Boz Scaggs

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Vitamin said:

Low Down--Boz Scaggs

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I love blues disco like the Bobby Bland track. Any recommendations for stuff like this? I dig some of Tyrone Davis disco stuff too 

Chic were able to get Karlie Kloss to roll around with a bunch of records in their latest video

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    I love blues disco like the Bobby Bland track. Any recommendations for stuff like this? I dig some of Tyrone Davis disco stuff too 
    Proper soul tune. What makes this a disco song in you opinion? Just the fact that it has been released during the disco period?

Not straight ahead disco but I'd say the rhythm is similar enough that it has some overlap with disco

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Seems like the bulk of disco songs were by non-disco artist; Rod Stewart, Bee Gees, O'Jays, Michael Jackson, Prince.

Disco dancers, and djs, embraced anything they could dance to. Being a 'disco artist' did not give you an advantage among disco fans.