John Coltrane 1961 My Favorite Things

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I've had this favorited for close to a year. One of my favorite music clips ever. When Elvin Jones starts getting loose near the end...goose bumps every time. Dolphy just slays it in this performance as well.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Real good call with this one.

Hope you and the fam are doing good. Tell the folks we said Merry Christmas.

I. NEED. MORE. SLEEP.

• i can never tire of Trane doing my favorite things... always beautiful. TOP TEN ALL TIME

• zomg, dudes that's the f*cking juggkanotz!

ha ha. Sorry, just kidding.

The filming on this is nice. They do some really great shots. The whole thing is classy.

• zomg, dudes that's the f*cking juggkanotz!

ha ha. Sorry, just kidding.

The filming on this is nice. They do some really great shots. The whole thing is classy.

Yeah, especially at McCoy Tyner's part which also KILLS me. But yeah the focus and intensity on Jones' face is remarkable.

Anyways, that's my shiiiet and I thought I'd share. Happy whatever guys

• I'll take this version over the ones from like 1966 on Trane's last tours! Not that those versions don't have an appeal, but man it's challenging sitting through an hour of the same song, especially latter day Coltrane which was approaching free jazz.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    so beautiful...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I was just watching this the other night after coming home from a brutal day at the office and putting on "My Favourite Things". It has to be one of my favourite albums ever. Astonishingly beautiful music!