Soulstrut will LOVE this...PURE GOLD

CherChezLaPLANCherChezLaPLAN 340 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I saw this and immediately knew in my heart of hearts that it had to be posted here.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont find this entertaining at all.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    LOLLOLLLOL

That's Thig from Chi.

I used to run into that dude all the time out there.

Unspeakably terrible raps.

• From 7:23 on it's a surreal dancefest of nerdy white-itude to Charles Watts and I consider that to be the highlight.
    Spazzy cracked out raps involving the line 'don't get gonnorhea' in front of a ton of kids, priceless.

• Public Access at its best.

Talk about wrecking a mic. I give Sharkula props for being oblivious to how awful he was though.

Actually the crowd was oblivious also.

• At this point, as far as the Chicago music scene is concerned, Sharkula is considered the new Wesley Willis.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    At this point, as far as the Chicago music scene is concerned, Sharkula is considered the new Wesley Willis.

he sells his artwork on the skreets?
    callous forehead?

• At this point, as far as the Chicago music scene is concerned, Sharkula is considered the new Wesley Willis.

he sells his artwork on the skreets?

naw, he sells his CD's on the skreets!! the SAME skreets! and from what im told, youre lucky if theres anything on 'em!!

theres also the obvious (willis and sharkula both talk-sing about whatever off-the-wall thing comes to mind)

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    dude, I used to run into Thig at the most random times and places. I got off the El at the Bryn Mawr station at 3AM after getting home from France one night, walked through an alley near my house and Thig comes from around the corner talking about "yo, you into hip hop? I just put out this new tape", even after the dude knows me and has had multiple 10 minute conversations with me. He brought in a few copies of his newest 12" to Hyde Park Records a year or so ago and I bought 2 copies and dude gave me a super long awkward hug afterwards. Got love for that dude though!

His discography has to be at least 2000 unique cassettes deep at this point. Pretty much all his shit is dubbed off a janky karaoke machine off of a beat ass portable cassette recorder with a little built in mic.

• This show is hilarious. What about this Bobby Conn one?

but also