xm radio question...............

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
since the merge with sirius,has the the channel "xm the rhyme"gone under?

Comments

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    we don't have that on our service at work.

• Yeah, the rhyme is gone, but Money Love is on Shade radio now. 66 I believe. I was skeptical but now I like it. They don't seem to play the same stuff over and over.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    monie love's show WAS rather weak. I am starting to adjust to the merge. Shows are a little bit funnier. Good riddens to some of the old shows, including the spitkicker show, nore's show, etc.

How does leo g still have a mix show? His mixing is pretty tough to listen to, i think i would have preferred to keep mz kitti

• Best shows on SIRIUS

DJ Premier-Live From Headquarterz friday nights at 11pm central ch.40
    Howard Stern
    Afrika Bambaata's show on sunday nights at 8pm central ch.40
    DJ Eclipse show on sunday nights at 11pm central ch.40

I've listened to Grandmaster Flash's show 3 times and was disapointed..

One show all he played was "crunk" type shit for the first hour.

He did play some 80's joints but overall his show has been a letdown.

• When they merged XM and Sirius they got rid of both old school rap channels, both The Rhyme and Backspin. It pissed a lot of people off, including me, and I guess a lot of people complained to them about it because a week or so ago they announced that due to overwhelming customer response they're bringing back an old school rap channel on January 15th. It'll be called Backspin, which is no surprise since the majority of the channel names kept in the merger were the Sirius names. It remains to be seen exactly what kind of format the channel will take, exactly what DJs will be there, etc. This is the only info out there so far:

"Backspin will feature the best of old school hip-hop and will be the home of several specialty shows including "Ladies' First with Monie Love" and "Zulubeats with Afrika Bambaataa, Mick Benzo and The Cutman LG.""

We'll see how it all works out, but I'm just glad to have an old school channel of any sort back. Since they dumped the old school channels I honestly haven't bothered to listen to the rap channels on the merged lineup. Shade 45 is decent in spots but overall not that interesting and (for obvious reasons) plays way too much Eminem/G-Unit shit, and Hip-Hop Nation just hasn't impressed me, not to mention they censor the profanity in the songs. I really liked XM Raw a hell of a lot more than what is offered now.