Magazines b/w What happend to Mass Appeal?

oxnardcoreoxnardcore 141 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Whenever possible, I pick up a pretty thick stack of magazines every month to distract me from school/work/bathroom stank. I'd read books, but the internet age has made me more ADHD-addled than ever. What do you all read? Any recomendations? Currently in bathroom rotation:WaxpoeticsHyphenGiant RobotWired2600and Mass Appeal, except they seemed to have disappeared off the face of the Earth. I hadn't picked it up in awhile, and when I went to the local book spot, they said they stopped coming in sometime in the Spring (yeah it had been a long while). Another victim of a poor economy? Yet another sign of the irrelevance of print mediums? Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Old copies of Straight No Chaser and On The One are dippable.

Nevarr in the bathroom though. Residual shower steam and assorted piss vapours can seriously minge up your mags.

I'll thumb through whilst relaxing in my Record RoomTM listening to old Spyro Gyra 12s and Paul Hardcastle secret squirrel libraries on Bruton, cans on, and nice cup of tea in hand.

• Mass Appeal is no longer. They announced it in the mag.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    my bathroom trips are always too short to really read a magazine. do i have a problem? am i pinching and pulling too fast?

• unityunity 179 Posts
    TMI?! apologies in advance.

damn must have missed that issue. what was the reason?

• got a bunch of old mags like that and stress and on the go dat i dont know whut to do with?

damn must have missed that issue. what was the reason?

It's getting harder and harder to sell ads in a print magazine and keep it afloat. That's the main reason a lot of magazines end up going under and it doesn't neccesarily reflect on the quality of the magazine. Mass Appeal fought and stayed alive for a long time and were rarely ever a let-down. I had the honor of designing the cover of the final issue and my crew had a lengthy feature (ayo) inside.