Chistmas Card Etiquette

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I don't usually post these "help me live my life" threads,but you office worker types can probably set me straight onthis. I have a bunch of people at work that I'd like to at least give a card to for the holidays, so I bought one ofthose boxes with 10 of the same card in it. Nice cards, engraved,bought at the shi-shi handmade paper spot ... but just as I satdown to sign them, I felt like, these boxes are for mailingout cards to people ... you can't give the SAME card to 6 peopleall working in the same office area, that would be lame ... Am I wrong? Or will this be normal behavior that I don't need to sweat?Signed,Not Really Feeling Going to CVS for 6 More Cards for These FoolsBoston, MA

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    PS

Need to know by Noon ESTkthxbi

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I wouldn't sweat it. It's like in 4th grade when you would buy the box of 20 Smurfs Valentine cards for your class but there were really only like 4 designs...Didn't sweat it then, don't sweat it now. Just personalize the inscription and you're good to go.

• If i were you i'd streamline it a little further and get a stamp made up with your message and signature on it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What that other dude said. They're not gonna be comparing cards or nothing I would guess, so you don't need to worry. It's the thought that counts, I believe.

• It's common practice to get everyone the same card when it comes these things. Don't sweat it they will be more than happy to receive a card from you!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Not to be obvious, but make sure they are not Xtian cards.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Yeah....make sure they say something like...

"Have a rad last week of the last month of the year"

or

"Here's wishing you a generic somewhat joyful festive time of year"

or the ever popular ...

"Fusk Jesus"

or

or the ever popular ...

"Fusk Jesus"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

or

or the ever popular ...

"Fusk Jesus"

Yup. Go with funny. I find Happy Birthday to be an effective bait and switch in these situations. If someone asks, tell them you must have given them Jesus's card by mistake.

I suggest that you do not do anything.

• My wife is all about the cards. I find it to be a pain in the ass, so she says she will take care of it. But then I have to track down all of the addresses. I need to put them shits in a book this year.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wouldn't sweat it. It's like in 4th grade when you would buy the box of 20 Smurfs Valentine cards for your class but there were really only like 4 designs...Didn't sweat it then, don't sweat it now. Just personalize the inscription and you're good to go.[/b]

This was great advice, thanks. I gave the same cards to everyone, but
    sat down and took time to write something thoughtful and personal on each
    one, and it went over very well. They told me the older lady that works
    as the owner's receptionist actually got teary-eyed after reading my card!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Next year, buy a box of cards with more than one design in the box. The store Papyrus has multiple designs in some of their boxes, but Papyrus can be a rip-off.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I wouldn't sweat it. It's like in 4th grade when you would buy the box of 20 Smurfs Valentine cards for your class but there were really only like 4 designs...

In fact, if it's not too late to run out and get those Smurf Valentine cards...