Should I buy the Lil Wayne Carter III LP?

DongerDonger 854 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I listen to too much disco and modern soul, and I need some good hip-hop in my life again. I don't want to become a hip-hop dinosaur, so I am open to embracing current music. Will this LP fulfill these requirements, and will this be a good purchase? Edit: While I am not looking for gangster, I am not scared of gangster music either.DISCUSS

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Yes buy it, it's a great album. Buy the new scarface and the last 2 killer mike releases as well if you want some "gangster" shit.

peace,xavier

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    who?

• Yes. Also get the last Lil Wayne Mixtape. It's about as good as the album IMO.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Yes. Also get the last Lil Wayne Mixtape. It's about as good as the album IMO.

Thanks, but is this some blog only download thing? How do I get this?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Yes. Also get the last Lil Wayne Mixtape. It's about as good as the album IMO.

If you're talking about Dedication 3 that comparison is nuts. D3 is kinda weak, not even a worthy compliment to the album.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Donger, if you're asking literally about the vinyl LP of C3 beware: the dbl LP is the first half of the album... there's supposed to be a 2nd dbl LP but its been so long delayed I don't know if its even going to get pressed. There is a 12" EP of the bonus CD (The Leak: tracks which were going to be on the original C3) and its great.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I don't see myself copping the vinyl, this is more of an itunes purchase for me, something I can listen to when riding my bike/working out.

Is "the Leak"bonus cd tracklist:
    I'm Me
    Gossip
    Kush
    Love Me Or Hate Me
    Talking About It

I might get that too, matter of fact it almost sounds better than the LP based on the short itunes clips.

matter of fact it almost sounds better than the LP based on the short itunes clips.

BAN

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    matter of fact it almost sounds better than the LP based on the short itunes clips.

BAN

Which part, the part about the itunes, or the leak being better than the lp?

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Hey, this LP is good!

BAN

Haha.....

"I heard the whole album on the snippet steez....Should I cop."

Young cats........Im old.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

BAN

Haha.....

"I heard the whole album on the snippet steez....Should I cop."

Young cats........Im old.

Haha I am old too though, don't be fooled.

• Buy it, it's pretty amusing.

• Yes. Also get the last Lil Wayne Mixtape. It's about as good as the album IMO.

If you're talking about Dedication 3 that comparison is nuts. D3 is kinda weak, not even a worthy compliment to the album.

sorry, i meant drought 3.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i think this album is garbage but u know

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    i think this album is garbage but u know

Does this have more to do with your general tastes in rap music?

• Hey, this LP is good!

so... you bought the vinyl or you mean the album is good?

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Hey, this LP is good!

so... you bought the vinyl or you mean the album is good?

I mean the i-album is entertaining me.

I can get tired of this stuff pretty quick though. That's why I won't buy the vinyl LP. I can't see myself getting emotionally attached to The Carter III. I just don't relate to the lyrics on some deep level. It is a fun listen though.

• word, i hear you. i bought the album on cd and tried to like it. its cool, its just not the stuff that gets me amped. lil wayne is one of the best rappers out right now though. blows rick ross out of the water. speaking of which, what happened to that dude?

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    It seems like Lil Wayne is one of the hardest working rappers right now. I have to at least give him that, dude is really trying his hardest to be number one, and I think that is definitely part of the appeal.