ebay/paypal: help me not get screwed...

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Can someone tell me the best way to protect myself from a chargeback via PayPal for an international order? I know I need to get tracking/delivery confirmation, which the the USPS does not offer, but who do I turn to? UPS? DHL? FedEx? Any of the above? How much is it gonna cost? Has anyone ever successfully contested a chargeback using one of these tracking services?b, 21b, 21Sorry for the boring question.

Comments

• To my knowledge, USPS does offer registration on packages overseas. Check again.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You can get international packages registered with USPS but apparently the tracking is worthless. Express mail supposedly has better tracking and costs about the same. I really have no idea if either are good enough if it comes down to a dispute. I've heard all sorts of different things from different people.

• You don't want registered (no tracking), you want express mail (through usps).

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21You can get international packages registered with USPS but apparently the tracking is worthless. Express mail supposedly has better tracking and costs about the same. I really have no idea if either are good enough if it comes down to a dispute. I've heard all sorts of different things from different people.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Thanks. I was under the impression that registered mail, while very secure, didn't provide the delivery confirmation that Pay Pal requires. Then again, I'm convinced at this point that Paypal will do whatever the hell they want. I normally just go with USPS first class and chalk any losses to the cost of doing business, but I have a customer who issued a $80 chargeback on me once before and he just won a $100 item from me (the same record, but different copy, as the last time).

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21but I have a customer who issued a $80 chargeback on me once before and he just won a $100 item from me.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Oh hell no!

• wtf? that foll should have gotten the banj

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21wtf? that foll should have gotten the banj
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I know, I know. I don't know why I didn't ban him. Just lazy, I guess. I've never banned anyone before. I did send a very stern, but responsible letter post-chargeback to his personal email in the hopes of shaming him, but never got a response. I'm willing to believe that his package never made it to him, but after sending a photo of the shipping receipt and completing other successful transactions with him, I would've hoped he would accept that the lost package was not my fault and would be willing to work something out with me. Instead I hear nothing from him until the auction is about to expire and then he hits me with the complaint. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21

• OH HOTSTEPPER YOU DO SO MANY DUTTY CRIMESb, 21b, 21img src="http://i43.tinypic.com/j12eds.jpg"1