Paypal dispute question

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
b, 21So I bought record from dude who claimed it was an original. The record is clearly not as it has a copyright date of 2004. I tried to contact the seller to try to work something out, didn't hear back so I filed a dispute on paypal. 10 days pass and dude doesn't respond to any messages so today I escalate to a claim and paypal says they can't do anything. They only can help resolve issues involving goods that are not received but not to the quality of goods sold. Case closed. WTF? Am I shit out of luck here?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Did you file a "not as advertised" dispute? If so, I thought they gave you the option of returning (which is up to you to prove) it for a refund.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Did you file a "not as advertised" dispute? If so, I thought they gave you the option of returning (which is up to you to prove) it for a refund.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21yeah that's the kind of dispute i filed. i didn't see that option though. i tried to contact the seller twice through paypal and didn't get an answer which is when i escalated to a claim. paypal immediately said that the case was closed because they did not deal with the quality of the goods sold, which seems silly because that was exactly the type of dispute i filed in the first place

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Wow, so the guy gets out of it just by ignoring you? That's just totally ridiculous even for paypal.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    shitty thing is i already gave dude positive feedback. didn't really check the record closely when i got it. it looked good so didn't give it a second thought. at least it wasn't an expensive record.