dumpster diving

13»

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    "I'll be honest. I am not f*cking with dumpster diving for food. Not knocking others. I just can't do it. "b, 21b, 21"yea, i wouldn't eat shit from a grocery store dumpster......i ain't knocking the hustle, but something about it.. not for me....."b, 21b, 21b, 21Yes you would. If you had to.b, 21b, 21The right (wrong) circumstances, you would eat it no question.b, 21b, 21Although i think im talking on a different level than these upper middle class white guilt hipster mungbean poseurs who see it as a lifestyle choice.

• i feel you man... i would if it came down to it.....but i'm in f*cking wheaton man....not that it means a damn thing but the local food pantry hooks it the F*ck up. even well off families go there to save loot. i would def. go there before eagles rank ass rotten milk juice infested dumpster. i guess it is a lifestyle choice, but thats just how it is here. thats how i was brought up.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 thats how i was brought up.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21That and throwing frozen rotten melons through car windshields.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I have been homeless in three foreign countries. Real homeless: sleeping rough, dumpster diving, f*cking homeless.
    b, 21
    b, 21I ate from restaurant dumpsters until i hustled enough money together to get back on my feet. Took about 9 months in total.
    b, 21
    b, 21Aint no shame in my game.
    b, 21
    b, 21Your world can come crashing down in the blink of an eye and you do what you gotta do to get back up again.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Real talk.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i used to go behind the jays potato chips factory and load the F*ck up....them shits were still in cases....just 1 day past the expiration date...jalapeno and bbq cases for days.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21i think its more along the lines of this as opposed to the slimy rat infested cesspool with old watermelons that some people are picturing. i know some berkeley hippies who hit up a chocolate factory dumpster and walk away with kilos of shit thats thrown out in plastic bags.b, 21btw, im not trying to be captain dumpster advocateb, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21back in the day (age 16)... we used to blaze down (obviously)....hit the local grocery dumpsters and load the trunk up with cases of expired fruit and veggies. drive around whipping whatever we got at oncoming cars, people at the bus stop, peoples cribs, people on bikes, parked cars. shit was fun as hell. we called it fruiting. the worst was in the dead of the winter, hucking frozen cantelopes(sp?) at shit. i kinda feel bad now though. we would end up shattering windows, and making people eat shit off their bikes on busy streets. thank you jewel, dominicks, and eagle for the great times.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21his is fucked up and funny as shit

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i'm more about
    bulk[/b] trash day though in neighborhoods. so much free electronics, furniture..once a box of records but it was mostly trash... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21mungbean poseurs
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21YES

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21but i'm in f*cking wheaton man.....
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Is talking about Wheaton like everybody knows where that is and referencing Wheaton in your name symptomatic of the sort of personality bred in Wheaton?b, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21Seriously, where the F*ck is Wheaton?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i'm more about
    bulk[/b] trash day though in neighborhoods. so much free electronics, furniture..once a box of records but it was mostly trash... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21My friend said that he refurnished his apartment with really nice stuff one time by waiting for bulk trash day, then driving around the rich neighborhoods in the Oakland/Berkeley hills with a U-Haul, picking up furniture that rich people had put out. Good idea right there.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    tripledouble and i run in similar circles and i know dumpster diving is a great thing!b, 21b, 21haven't done it in a while, but i was recently living in a punk house (featured in that Thurston Moore forwarded book that came out last year) where they went from pure dumpstering to getting jobs at vegan/veggie bakeries and health food stores so they didn't have to dumpster dive much anymore, as they could take home weekly leftovers.b, 21b, 21also, with craigslist now in full force, the house inhabitants have utilized that for free furniture, etc.b, 21however,barnes & noble and borders, and the occasional wegman's supermarket runs have continued as well as the local college campuses (lehigh and muhlenberg). certainly not quite the goldmine of U Penn, but something!