I can't roll my eyes any harder

dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doggie.gif" alt="" /1

• Shit is weak. After I installed it AVG identified it as a virus and then I got a popup box from blackbird telling me that it had detected a piece of discriminatory software on my computer. To top it off when I went to the blackbird homepage to see what the deal was I clicked support and the page wouldn't load.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You jerk off to National Geographic!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Why is it named a Native name?

• reskresk 391 Posts
    you my friend are truely img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/game02vy9.gif" alt="" /1

No, I get it..b, 21b, 21I'm just sayin' cause I have about 6 friends (not related) who are Native and belong to different tribes that have Blackbird as their lastname.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Black and bird are Native words?

Well, a good portion of Native American names consist of animal/birds used with colour. Depending on the tribe and the language used, they translate into English names like "blackbird".b, 21b, 21With this browser being based on Mozilla. I don't know why they didn't just call it Blackfox...

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Well, a good portion of Native American names consist of animal/birds used with colour. Depending on the tribe and the language used, they translate into English names like "blackbird".
    b, 21
    b, 21With this browser being based on Mozilla. I don't know why they didn't just call it Blackfox...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21because my friend.....that would be racist.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Well, a good portion of Native American names consist of animal/birds used with colour. Depending on the tribe and the language used, they translate into English names like "blackbird".
    b, 21
    b, 21With this browser being based on Mozilla. I don't know why they didn't just call it Blackfox...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21wait, how is Blackfox different from Blackbirdb, 21b, 21

I'm just saying if it's based on Mozilla and the Blackbird ui looks exactly like Firefox. Why use bird and not just Blackfox. I guess maybe they thought they would get sued somehow...b, 21b, 21b, 21I'm also guessing this was really put together by some corp looking to market to African Americans. But wasn't blackbird a slave term of some sort? It's been a long time since my grade 12 history class. Something to do with slave ships?

In any case,b, 21b, 21This popped up.b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21b, 21Kid has skillz.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21No, I get it..
    b, 21
    b, 21I'm just sayin' cause I have about 6 friends (not related) who are Native and belong to different tribes that have Blackbird as their lastname.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21sorry man, i was actually referring to the original post. b, 21b, 21And whats up with blackbird not being available for mac? Do they assume only YT's use macs?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21And whats up with blackbird not being available for mac? Do they assume only YT's use macs?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21yeah, that's on some separate but != biz...b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" /1

• wow, that's completely insane.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If races can have different resources on the web, ie., Blackplanet (for Black People and White women), Asian Avenue (for Asian women and White dudes), Soulstrut (for Euroman lurkers), doesn't it make sense that we be segregated when browse the web also?b, 21b, 21For real. Think about that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Whats the big deal?b, 21b, 21If u cant use Magnums, dont buy 'em.

• "Because we know that you are twice as likely to be among the first to discover new trends and use advanced technology compared to the general population."

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21"Because we know that you are twice as likely to be among the first to CREATE new trends and use advanced technology compared to the general population."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Whats the big deal?
    b, 21
    b, 21If u cant use Magnums, dont buy 'em.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21hahah!!

• i was saying that the idea is insane -- not sure if you got that from my post. b, 21b, 21that shit really has nothing to do with race, it's all about money. large tech companies that buy up other tech companies love products that cater to niche markets and these dudes clearly know that. they'll definitely cash out big on this.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21that shit really has nothing to do with race, it's all about money.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21race is money

• cool story, brah