New Macbooks

SensiRiderSensiRider 97 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Anybody f*** with the new aluminum macbooks?b, 21b, 21Am I fool to get one in this first generation before the bugs are worked out? b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/923.gif" alt="" /1

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    copped one a couple weeks back. so far so good. some really cool features but i'm not 100% sold on the new touch pad...kinda buggy. the new screen is 1000 times better than the 12" powerbook screen.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I've had one for a few months now. I had a ~2 year old MacBook Pro before it and performance wise it's fairly comparable to MacBook.b, 21b, 21The trackpad takes a little getting used to but it does a few cute tricks that are rapidly becoming second nature for me. If you're having trouble with the trackpad, there's a firmware update that fixes some of the problems with unrecognized clicks. I miss the firewire 400 but I'm finding that I can't really tell the difference with USB in day in day out operations.b, 21b, 21The screen is nice, not as good as my old MBP but better than my wife's 1 year old MacBook.

• Thanks for the replies. Sounds like both of you are happy with the machines with the possible exception of the trackpad.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hijack.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21happy with my thinkpad x300

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hijack.gif" alt="" /1
    b, 21
    b, 21happy with my thinkpad x300
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21That guy's cool... like waaaaay cool.

• I just pur-chased one but have been waiting almost 3weeks for it to arrive now! Not too happy considering the store sold me a lemon of an hp earlier this year (hard drive crashed 3 times and the ef-ers had the nerve to ask me if i'd take a chance again and let them replace it....) but now i've been without a comp for almost 2months!! boooooooooooooooooo!! b, 21Am looking forward to the new one tho.....just hope it doesn't ef up too!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21happy with the machines with the possible exception of the trackpad.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Just to be clear, once you're used to it, the trackpad actually kicks ass. Being able to scroll, or go forward or backward in the browser and activate expos?? by brushing a few fingers on the trackpad is pretty nice. I wish I could selectively turn off certain gestures, though. I'm constantly accidently doing the pinch zoom trick and it changes the font size in the browser.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I wish I could selectively turn off certain gestures, though. I'm constantly accidently doing the pinch zoom trick and it changes the font size in the browser.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21That's a pref you set and forget. Why they think people need the ability to change browser font size on-the-go is beyond me.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Got mine last week, and I'm really happy with it - can't say I've explored it to the fullest though. Yeah, I've noticed a few things about the trackpad, but nothing major. Haven't gotten all updates yet either. I'm new to the mac family/cult but I'm liking it so far.