Moving records across the ocean

young_creamyoung_cream 540 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
what is the best/more realistic/actually possible way of doing this? anyone who has done it please to chime in. thx

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21more realistic
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Get Microwave if you don't already have it and sell most of your records. Keep only your collectibles.

• ddownddown 65 Posts
    When I moved to l.a. from korea, I used a shipping company. b, 21b, 21They bundle-wrapped about 15-20 records at a time with bubble wrap, several layers. Then they placed each bundle in cardboard boxes (about 4-5 bundles per box). Everything arrived perfectly. But then again, I only had a few hundred records at that time.b, 21b, 21On short trips, I often bring back 30-40 records each time. I wrap about 10-15 records at a time in towels and then I put the bundles between my clothes in my suitcase. Again, no problems.b, 21b, 21How many are you planning to take?

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21When I moved to l.a. from korea, I used a shipping company.
    b, 21
    b, 21They bundle-wrapped about 15-20 records at a time with bubble wrap, several layers. Then they placed each bundle in cardboard boxes (about 4-5 bundles per box). Everything arrived perfectly. But then again, I only had a few hundred records at that time.
    b, 21
    b, 21On short trips, I often bring back 30-40 records each time. I wrap about 10-15 records at a time in towels and then I put the bundles between my clothes in my suitcase. Again, no problems.
    b, 21
    b, 21How many are you planning to take?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21near 300, after thinning down a lot. you have a price on that? dunno about microwave but im definitely not trying to bring a collection across, just some shit that i dont want to part with. dont want to keep buying things planning a move like that just to have to sell them for a lower place in less than a year