Broken Record? (eBay R)

HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I know this has been brought up before, but here's the skinny.b, 21I bought a record on eBay, nothing uber raer, but I guess it can be considered vintage. I think without shipping it was around $20.b, 21b, 21I get the package in the mail this weekend, it's in just a regular oversized bubble envelope clearly marked "fragile" and "do not bend", but wouldn't you know it that bad boy was shoved in my mailbox and broken in half.b, 21b, 21My bad for not putting in for insurance. Is there anything the Post Office can even do?b, 21b, 21Who's skull do I gotta crack?b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I know this has been brought up before, but here's the skinny.
    b, 21I bought a record on eBay, nothing uber raer, but I guess it can be considered vintage. I think without shipping it was around $20.
    b, 21
    b, 21I get the package in the mail this weekend, it's in just a regular oversized bubble envelope clearly marked "fragile" and "do not bend", but wouldn't you know it that bad boy was shoved in my mailbox and broken in half.
    b, 21
    b, 21My bad for not putting in for insurance. Is there anything the Post Office can even do?
    b, 21
    b, 21Who's skull do I gotta crack?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21From which European country was this item shipped????

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    Alas, it came from Maryland.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Alas, it came from Maryland.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21So it was a European [i]living in Maryland/i1??????b, 21b, 21b, 21Really, sorry to hear that. I had a guy ship a 78 in a similar envelope. It arrived in many, many pieces...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I think the only thing you can do is complain to the PO and maybe your mailman will be more considerate?b, 21b, 21I usually receive messages sent along with payment from my customers asking for specific shipping methods/instructions that I try to follow to a T. Usually it's just the basic "ship the record outside the cover to prevent seam splits" but I do get the request to write "do not bend" in big letters on the box, too. b, 21b, 21Maybe just mention that you'd like your record shipped in a stiff cardboard box next time + ask for "do not bend" to be written in really really bid letters?b, 21b, 21That or camp out and let your mailman have it when he delivers your mail next time haha. b, 21b, 21Sorry to hear your record got broken, that sucks!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21in just a regular oversized bubble envelope
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Mispackaged = dealer's fault = partial or full refund request IMO.b, 21b, 21Throwing a fragile stamp on somthing is just the icing on the cake, you need 2 stiffener pads (preferably 12.25" square for real coverage/safety). b, 21Especially if you're shipping wax in (shudder) envelopes.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21in just a regular oversized bubble envelope
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Mispackaged = dealer's fault = partial or full refund request IMO.
    b, 21
    b, 21Throwing a fragile stamp on somthing is just the icing on the cake, you need 2 stiffener pads (preferably 12.25" square for real coverage/safety).
    b, 21Especially if you're shipping wax in (shudder) envelopes.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21AMEN BROTHER

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    Thanks, all. I sent the seller an e-mail and he seems pretty sympathetic.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    get yourself a bigger letterbox.... one that fits 12 inch sized envelopes without having to bend them...just to be on the safe side....!!!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Im lucky i live in a quiet dead end street and the mail man just leaves my ish on the front step. And no Loko im not telling you were i live...