i hate music

loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
it's got too many notes!

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I hate how everyone is jumping on this "funny" thread bandwagon but can't actually think of anything funny to say.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I hate how everyone is jumping on this "funny" thread bandwagon but can't actually think of anything funny to say.

If everyone thinks they're funny but you, maybe it's your problem, not theirs.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    listen to this record

and you'll understand.

• strikeskistrikeski 95 Posts
    does anyone else hate reading about music in magazines? whenever i pick up a music publication nowadays i almost become nauseous. its like every single sentence of every article is just utterly worthless. i usually now just look at the pictures and put it back. seriously if all music journalism stop existing at this moment i would not miss it at all.
    word, especially these magazines in frane that rep the "independant" shit... like get your head out your ass.. Scratch is cool tho... wax poetics is sumthin' else...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I can appreciate magazine articles that rate albums from a technical perspective or keep things fact-based, tell you whats on where and whats coming out.. interviews and stuff.... but I cant empathise with personal opinions being expressed in music mags.... I'm thinking 'well okay, so you think whatever album is a worthless piece of crap... but thats you.

I dont buy mags that often cause I can read the same thing on the net, and it doesn't cost me 3 quid a go... and I have the option to hear what they are talking about. Plus there are emailing lists for gigs.

I'd probably buy a magazine if I needed to get the bus and didn't have a walkman on me.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    I thought this was going to be about these dudes:

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    My pet peeve is when there's a new band in town, but you can't get the sound from a story in a magazine aimed at your average teen. Whatever. Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk - it's still rock and roll to me.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    yeah...sometimes reading through the crap in music journalism is a chore.

what do people like more - the facts or the feelings?

I like a little of both, a bit more fact than feeling (60/40)

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    My favorite music reviews were the old ones in Big Brother (skate Mg). There was one where the reviewer (Dave Carnie for those who used to read it) told a whole story about the first time he used a "man toilet" urinal. How he was like 7 or 8 and he was a little scared and intimidated by it and when he tried it he pissed all over his leg. His comparison was that the album made him feel that way. Which is a good indication that it sucks. It was entertaining to read. As all good music reviews should be, because really you dont know if you will like it untill you hear it yourself.

RIP Big Brother

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    RIP Big Brother
    i found a dvd copy of "shit" on ebay a few months back... well worth the wait. brought back some tears, some memories (sniff).

paul westerberg sucks.