Philadelphia folls

2»

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    ok. i said too much. philly is dope.
    we need some good mexican food though.

There's a Mexican food spot right on South St.Like between 5th and 6th,somewhere around there.Made to order authentic shit including a big vegetarian section on their menu...check it out.

That shits not real dude. Closest thing to authentic Mexican is down South Philly, and even that's a stretch.

If you want real Mexican you have to drive to Kenet Square.

Now that's not really Philly there, is it...

That's sorta my point.

• It ain't cheap, but Tequila's is some true Mexican food and it's about as good as I've ever had. I preferred it when it was a hole in the wall a block east of where it is now, but the food hasn't changed.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    whats tequila's??
    my folks told me kennet square was legit. i think due to a lot of agriculture and mexican presence out there in them mushroom fields.
    alien, those washington ave spots are ehhhhh in my opinion. im in need of some mission style farolito or toro or whatever those places are called. damn good.

oh shit !!! actually, let me put yall down. theres a food truck on spruce, btw 36 and 37th. they got another truck on the corner of 38th and walnut. mexicali is the name. they opening a storefront next to fresh grocer and the indian spot.
    DAAAAAAM good.
    the truck is my lunch staple. if i eat out, thats it. spinach burrito $2.75.
    nice bean burrito for $2, sweet potato burrito, roasted pepper burrito also $2.75. they got chicken and beef for barely more. top quality. open at 11am, lines get long quick. only one open in the summer is the spruce truck.
    theres another truck called "tacopal" 20 feet away. Dont be fooled! its wack and the mexicali line stretches around the tacopal truck.
    they also do platters and such, but honestly i stick with the burritos. best ones ive found in the city. fuck zocalo

kingdom of vegetarians is the worllrenowned fame spot for fauxmeat chinese. its singlehandedly kept the punk scene alive for some time now.

fu-wah on baltimore avenue has some killer tofu hoagies for $2.50.
    talk to me, ill throw you down with food on a TIGHT budget.

african produce truck behind the old west philly thriftwway???? can i get a witness?

food not bombs feeds in two places during the week too. dont front on free food.

i gotta econd dmitris for food thats WELL worth the price. octopus. mmmmmmm

for real though, i cook most of my food.

in this heatwave ive been drinking strictly:
    one pitcher of water with chocolate mint leaves and juice from one lemon.
    and champagne

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    That reminds me of the Mexican MiddleEastern food truck at Temple. I think its on 12th near Anderson & Gladfelter. You can get a falafel burrito. Anna is the old lady that runs the truck and her food will do you right. Never though I would rep a roach coach but that shit is sooooo good.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    that truck is famous.

• whats tequila's??
    my folks told me kennet square was legit. i think due to a lot of agriculture and mexican presence out there in them mushroom fields.
    alien, those washington ave spots are ehhhhh in my opinion. im in need of some mission style farolito or toro or whatever those places are called. damn good.

oh shit !!! actually, let me put yall down. theres a food truck on spruce, btw 36 and 37th. they got another truck on the corner of 38th and walnut. mexicali is the name. they opening a storefront next to fresh grocer and the indian spot.
    DAAAAAAM good.
    the truck is my lunch staple. if i eat out, thats it. spinach burrito $2.75.
    nice bean burrito for $2, sweet potato burrito, roasted pepper burrito also $2.75. they got chicken and beef for barely more. top quality. open at 11am, lines get long quick. only one open in the summer is the spruce truck.
    theres another truck called "tacopal" 20 feet away. Dont be fooled! its wack and the mexicali line stretches around the tacopal truck.
    they also do platters and such, but honestly i stick with the burritos. best ones ive found in the city. fuck zocalo

kingdom of vegetarians is the worllrenowned fame spot for fauxmeat chinese. its singlehandedly kept the punk scene alive for some time now.

fu-wah on baltimore avenue has some killer tofu hoagies for $2.50.
    talk to me, ill throw you down with food on a TIGHT budget.

african produce truck behind the old west philly thriftwway???? can i get a witness?

food not bombs feeds in two places during the week too. dont front on free food.

i gotta econd dmitris for food thats WELL worth the price. octopus. mmmmmmm

for real though, i cook most of my food.

in this heatwave ive been drinking strictly:
    one pitcher of water with chocolate mint leaves and juice from one lemon.
    and champagne

Kingdom of Vegetarians is a great vegetarian spot. The General Tso's is tasty although it doesn't necessarily taste like General Tso's chcicken.

Tequila's is on 16th and Locust where that Cajun spot used to be a few years back - the same spot the used for Samuel L. Jackson's office in Unbreakable. It used to be on 15th and Locust where the Bassets Turkey spot was, but I think that has closed lately.

Worth a visit.