Bobby Reed - The Time Is Right For Love

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone know where I can cop a reasonably-priced reissue of this beauty?b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.recordsbymail.com/images/rare/348825_LARGE-DSC09382.JPG"1

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    think there are a couple on gemm. incredible tune!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21incredible tune!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Indeed, indeed. I cannot tire of this track.b, 21b, 21And it also works as a key transition piece into all sorts of Northern, Funk, and Mod (+ perhaps 70s Soul/Modern if cards are played correctly).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This song is I>nice[/i]. b, 21b, 21Luck: what is "reasonable"?

btw, there's a UK reish for about $22.b, 21b, 21a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOBBY-REED-The-Time-Is-Right-For-Love-NEW-SOUL-45_W0QQitemZ150299825203QQihZ005QQcategoryZ27349QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank"1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOBBY-REED-The-Tim...9QQcmdZViewItem/a1b, 21b, 21If I'm reading this right, buy 2 and get free shipping. Anyone in LA want to go in?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• Or buy the OG from Moerer:b, 21b, 21a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/rare-Soul-45-BOBBY-REED-the-time-is-right-for-love-BELL_W0QQitemZ270312488204QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item270312488204&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50" target="_blank"1http://cgi.ebay.com/rare-Soul-45-BOBBY-R...93:1|294%3A50/a1b, 21b, 21b, 21btw this song is facemelting, b/w menahan street band songs remind me of an instrumental version of this.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    How does the re-ish sound? b, 21b, 21The nice thing about this 45 is that its on ebay every week so seems like anyone can get one with a little patience and penny pinching.

• If you want to pinch thirty or forty thousand pennies, sure. Great tune I agree. I have it on Soul Spectrum V. 2, which is well worth tracking down for some of the other songs on there as well.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    b, 21What I'm saying is, there are records in that medium-baller strata that you might only get a couple stabs at a year. Bobby Reed is listed a couple times a month. Its like the Whipped Cream & Other Delights of [color:green]$$$/font1 soul 45s.

• Yeah, it's one of those records that has turned up in warehouse hauls, hence there are copies in dealer's hands. Finding a copy in the wild is pretty damn tough though.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Luck: what is "reasonable"?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21$15, if not less. I appreciate your gesture, but the dealer above had this at $26.50. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21 I wish this was at Dusty Groove.

• b, 21I have a mint reissue copy you can have for $15 (not ??15) plus post at cost to the USA from UK if you want to drop me a pm. It was reissued by Expansion in the UK and the sound quality is excellent, they make sure their masters are spot on. The b-side 'if i don't love you' is arguably even better, certainly as good, and was also done by the choice four on an lp.b, 21b, 21Paul

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I have a mint reissue copy you can have for $15 (not ??15) plus post at cost to the USA from UK if you want to drop me a pm. It was reissued by Expansion in the UK and the sound quality is excellent, they make sure their masters are spot on. The b-side 'if i don't love you' is arguably even better, certainly as good, and was also done by the choice four on an lp.
    b, 21
    b, 21Paul
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You selling quantity or just the one?b, 21b, 21For real, I'm down to cop a reish. This song is BUTTER. b, 21b, 21And I hear what Button is saying. The better example would be less Herb Alpert and more like Skull Snaps. That album is for sale at least twice a month and usually nets the same about of money $200-300.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I have a mint reissue copy you can have for $15 (not ??15) plus post at cost to the USA from UK if you want to drop me a pm. It was reissued by Expansion in the UK and the sound quality is excellent, they make sure their masters are spot on. The b-side 'if i don't love you' is arguably even better, certainly as good, and was also done by the choice four on an lp.
    b, 21
    b, 21Paul
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21You selling quantity or just the one?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• b, 21I just have the one guys, but i'll make contact with the reissue label owner (expansion) and see if he has any left - their distributor (pinnacle) has just gone out of business last week (very big negative effect on uk indies), so not sure how that leaves them (stock held in storage or released to sell). If i get any i'll let you know, in the meantime, one bobby reed reissue for sale,b, 21b, 21Paul

Northern Soul Direct still has them. Again: any LA heads want to go in on a bunch?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I just have the one guys, but i'll make contact with the reissue label owner (expansion) and see if he has any left - their distributor (pinnacle) has just gone out of business last week (very big negative effect on uk indies), so not sure how that leaves them (stock held in storage or released to sell). If i get any i'll let you know, in the meantime, one bobby reed reissue for sale,
    b, 21
    b, 21Paul
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm interested. Please check your PMs.

Just got my copy in from the UK. Ended up being $10 w/ tax. Absolutely worth it. This song kills.

• Just got my copy in from the UK. Ended up being $10 w/ tax. Absolutely worth it. This song kills.

since it seems like most OGs are styrene. Anyone on here ever seen/possess a vinyl copy?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Just got my copy in from the UK. Ended up being $10 w/ tax. Absolutely worth it. This song kills.

I got my copy in yesterday. I danced with my woman five seconds after the tonearm hit the wax. Robots Reissue haters cannot explain this love in my heart.

Soulcitizen, I publically apologize for my forgetfulness with your offer. No offense meant.

I'm trying to make a stab at an OG and I have some trade stuff in a similar vein (and similarly $$$). Besides our forums, any other places I should try? Soul Source in the UK perhaps?

• Just got my copy in from the UK. Ended up being $10 w/ tax. Absolutely worth it. This song kills.

since it seems like most OGs are styrene. Anyone on here ever seen/possess a vinyl copy?

Mine is styrene unfortunately, but it exist vinyl copies of this 45 as well. The styrene ones seems to be more common though..

Btw, played this as the last song (because it was valentines day) at my club yesterday. The crowd went crazy! Absolutely amazing song..

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    I'm trying to make a stab at an OG and I have some trade stuff in a similar vein (and similarly $$$). Besides our forums, any other places I should try? Soul Source in the UK perhaps?

Mr Vegh has one....or he did about a week ago

Mr Vegh has one....or he did about a week ago

Ah, figures! Thanks.

• For anyone interested I just got a copy of the reish on ebay UK for ??3.99 - this is the cheapest i've seen it anywhere - arrived quickly too, If you PM me I can put you in touch with the seller.

• Thanks for the tip (I actually found it just searching Bobby Reed on ebay, I assume it was the same seller you're talking about).

Just got my copy! They've got 15 still to go and only 3.50 gbp shipping to the US. Comes out to about $11 total. Thinking about getting 1 or 2 more...

• Thanks for the tip (I actually found it just searching Bobby Reed on ebay, I assume it was the same seller you're talking about).

Just got my copy! They've got 15 still to go and only 3.50 gbp shipping to the US. Comes out to about $11 total. Thinking about getting 1 or 2 more...

Yep, that's the one - they run a website too which seems to have some pretty good stuff, check it out.

Word, well worth the cost for the reish.