bob azzam?

CaptainPikeCaptainPike 14 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I have a question to clarify something? The lp Bob Azzam and Great Expectation has the tune rain rain go away on it...But the french lp Bob Azzam called "Toute une epoque" doesn't? Even though it has a similar cover? Thanks

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I have a question to clarify something? The lp Bob Azzam and Great Expectation has the tune rain rain go away on it...But the french lp Bob Azzam called "Toute une epoque" doesn't? Even though it has a similar cover? Thanks
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I have "Toute une epoque"and for what I remember it has a b, 21different tracklist. It's not the same album.

• thats what i thought but its a similar cover and i think it came out the same year...weird

• The french lp called "Toute une ??poque" is a kind of sampler, released later than the Bob Azzam and his orchestra original swedish press entitled "New Sounds", which is the first issue where you can find the tune "Rain rain go away"... b, 21At that time, Bob & his friends were in Sweden. By the way they recorded a few other records there.

• wow ok thanks for the info! so new sounds came first didn't know that

• I think somebody told Bob was an Algerian living in France. Is that true? Also does anybody have more info on him? Why did he move to Sweden? Is he still alive?b, 21b, 21Thanks,b, 21b, 21Dress