45 Storage Solutions

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
just got a bunch of them and I have no idea how to store them as I only had a couple hundred until a few days ago. Solutions?? Pictures???

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I know someone who might have some cases to sell. About 2' x just over 7" funnily enough. foam lined but I wouln't call them flight cases. holds a couple of hundred maybe

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    just got a bunch of them and I have no idea how to store them as I only had a couple hundred until a few days ago. Solutions?? Pictures???

rack em and stack em

get the plastic ones...they are tres kool

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    if you dont mind shopping there walmart has some mini crate looking things...hold 45's perfectly. soulrez kicked me down mine, but i'm gonna need to make another trip to uncle sam's.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    these 45 boxes I designed are revolutionary, back in my old box company days.

12" deep, and here's the side view when closed with lid (sorry no batteries for the camera):

|_____|

now, when jammed tight with 45s, you would think it is impossible to flip through them without taking a small handfull out. That's why I made the box be able to do this:

_____/

the front and back come out 10 degrees each side. now it is easy to find what you are looking for, without looking like a chump.

but for real, I've seen a cabinet like this, with the files being 7"tall and about the same deep, and about 4.5" wide, and it had a nice tabletop too (to have turntables maybe? some antique thing, don't know what the name of it would be...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

Don't you know the Dewey Decimal System?[/b]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    but for real, I've seen a cabinet like this, with the files being 7"tall and about the same deep, and about 4.5" wide, and it had a nice tabletop too (to have turntables maybe? some antique thing, don't know what the name of it would be...

We like to call them "card catalogues."

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    but for real, I've seen a cabinet like[/b] this, with the files being 7"tall and about the same deep, and about 4.5" wide[/b], and it had a nice tabletop[/b] too (to have turntables maybe? some antique thing, don't know what the name of it would be...

We like to call them "card catalogues."